Medical Laboratory Technician I OR Beaverton, OR
To perform laboratory tests and processes within scope of practice in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform and reporT lab tests according to work instructions: Process patient specimens according to priority and document results. Review patient reports for accuracy before release. Alert clinicians and appropriate designees of abnormal results.
- Monitor test accuracy through performance and evaluation of quality control: Perform instrument maintenance and calibration according to standard operating procedure. Assay quality control and proficiency testing materials. Execute corrective actions and document if controls are not within specified limits.
- Problem solve by auditing specimen integrity and identification. Identify test discrepancies. Investigate or initiate inquiries; troubleshoot any malfunctioning equipment or test system and repair if possible. Refer problems to technologist, specialist, supervisor, manager or pathologist as needed. Answer inquiries about department policies and procedures.
- Maintain clean and well-organized work area with adequate supplies and reagents. Order and/or prepare reagents and supplies when necessary.
- Maintain technical competency. Attend all required training, education, and meetings.
- Assist with orientation and training of new employees or students.
- Associate's degree in laboratory science or documented education as defined by the Clinical Laboratory Personnel Requirements under CLIA.
License, Certification, Registration
- ASCP certification for a Medical Laboratory Technician, obtained within 90 days of hire, or employed by KPNW laboratory as Medical Laboratory Technician on or before January 1, 1990 or ASCP (MT) or ASCP (MLS) certification.
- Completion of approved two (2) year of program for Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Ability to communicate in the English language.
- Phlebotomy skills.
- Manual dexterity.
- Communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize.
- Two (2) or more years of clinical laboratory experience.
- Working knowledge of specific laboratory analytical equipment.
Primary Location: Oregon,Beaverton,Beaverton Medical/Dental Offices 4855 SW Western A
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 20
Working Days: Float, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: OFNHP - Technical
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Public Department Name: Laboratory
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements