HIMS Document Imaging Technician On Call Suitland MD Suitland, MD
Identifies and prepares appropriate electronic and paper-based health information documents for inclusion in the electronic medical record through the use of scanning technology. This includes, but is not limited to, sorting, identifying, indexing and scanning the documents as well as creating an encounter in KP HealthConnect.
- Document Sorting: Determines whether or not document is to be scanned. Separates internally generated documents from externally generated documents.
- Document Preparation: Removes staples, paperclips and repair torn papers, etc. Identifies and stamp poor quality documents for future reference. Print patient labels, barcodes and create FYI flags, if appropriate/necessary.
- Index Documents: Identifies and determines whether or not a new or existing encounter number is to be associated with documents through review of KP HealthConnect Clinical system. Identifies appropriate document type and determines whether it is to be scanned as a single document or a set. Identifies indexing elements such as Medical Records Number (MRN), department, provider, admit date, visit date, discharge date, existing encounter number, etc. Creates appropriate scan encounters in KP HealthConnect Clinicals.
- Retrieves information from a variety of computer systems to complete both indexing and importing tasks. Accesses scanning software to associate documents with encounters to ensure proper delivery and scanning of documents.
- Scanning: Review and batch documents using defined workflows. Scan batch/document(s) using scanning hardware/software.
- Quality check: Review scanned images in KPHC and/or scanning software to verify quality and proper indexing of scan (i.e., medical record number and document type).
- Reviews and manages the daily error reports from the QA process. Includes correcting mismatched documents in batches, incorrect MRN and encounter number pairs.
- Receives and repairs erroneous scans such as mismatched document and MRN, document inserted in wrong clinical encounter tab, document input on wrong account.
- Trains new staff as needed.
- Answers phones in order to meet customer service standards, as needed.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience handling Protected Health Information required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Successful completion of a standardized test in medical terminology with a proficiency rate of 84% within the last year required.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Bending, lifting, mobility, and manual dexterity required.
- Employee may be required to lift up to 30lbs.
- Employee may need to travel to other medical centers on occasion
- Proficiency in the use of applicable compute software, i.e. PACE, KMATE and Health Connect preferred.
Primary Location: Maryland,Suitland,Marlow Heights Medical Center 5100 Auth Wy.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 1
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: OPEIU - Local 2
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Medical Records
Public Department Name: Medical Records
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements