Acupuncturist San Jose, CA
Under the direction and supervision of the Sub-Chief of Physical Medicine, utilizes acupuncture to stimulate certain points on or near the surface of the body by the insertion of needles to prevent or modify the perception of pain or to normalize physiological functions. May perform or prescribe the use of oriental massage, acupressure, breathing techniques, exercise or nutrition, including the incorporation of drugless substances and herbs as dietary supplements to promote health.
- Provides medically necessary acupuncture, consults, assessments and treatments when requested/authorized by family physicians/specialists. Provides an accurate diagnosis, supported by medical findings based on standardized examination and techniques generally accepted by the medical community.
- This includes TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) and Western diagnostic techniques. Produces complete, accurate, uniform and replicable examinations. Provides quality treatment to cure or relieve the medical condition causing the patient's complaint. Documents all treatments and patient's response to acupuncture therapy on patient's chart.
- When working in the Workers compensation system, states an opinion whether anatomic loss, functional loss and physical complaints of the patient are work-related, and writes a comprehensive medical report describing the degree of injury consistent with Workers Compensation terminology and requirements.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Graduate of an accredited school and complete four academic years of education with a minimum of 1548 hours of theory including biology, organic biochemistry, physics, psychology, anatomy and physiology, pathology, nutrition and vitamins (400 hours); history of medicine, medical terminology (30 hours); clinical sciences such as internal medicine, pharmacology, neurology, surgery and clinical medicine including dentistry, nursing, chiropractic and homeopathy, western pharmacology and BLS (128) hours; Tai Chi, Chi Kung, traditional Oriental medicine theory and diagnosis, needling techniques, and acupressure (660 hours); herbology (300 hours including botany); practice management and ethics (30 hours); and 800 hours of clinical training.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Licensed to practice Acupuncture in the State of California.
- Maintain currency of Acupuncture licensure in the State of California.
- Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Post-graduate degree preferred; i.e., Ph.D. in related fields, N.D. (Doctor of Naturopathy), D.O.M. (Doctor of Oriental Medicine).
Primary Location: California,San Jose,San Jose Hospital 250 Hospital Pkwy.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 0
Working Days: Tue
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Rehab Services
Public Department Name: Complimentary Alternative Medicine
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements