Financial Analyst San Bruno, CA
Prepares more complex financial trend and data analysis reports. May be accountable for the coordination, compilation and distribution of financial data by junior staff. Performs financial analysis upon identification of variances and prepares summary of key findings. Responsible for more complex departments/functions. Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets. May be responsible for budget system completion. Participates in projects of moderate complexity as assigned and may lead projects of low complexity.
- Collects data, researches, and prepares analysis for regional, departmental or functional budget performance and projects.
- May monitor department budgets by reviewing data in the financial system and communicating with the managers/chiefs.
- Investigates and corrects errors.
- Prepares advanced financial trend and data analysis reports.
- May be accountable for the coordination, compilation and distribution of financial data by junior staff.
- Participates in the development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets.
- May be responsible for entry in budget system with accuracy.
- Performs ad-hoc projects/studies of moderate scope utilizing knowledge of finance theories such as present value and cash flow analysis.
- Conducts ongoing user education and provides management consultation on the use reports, methodologies and source data and systems.
- Communicates and supports analytical findings.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements.
- Minimum two (2) years of related experience in financial analysis and budgeting.
- Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Able to formulate study designs and conduct analyses.
- Required proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as graphics,
pivot tables, and macros.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and organization skills.
- Works under general guidance; accountable to complete work assignments.
- Able to provide functional direction to Finance Assistant staff or junior level analyst staff.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
- CPA preferred.
Primary Location: California,San Bruno,San Bruno 851 Traeger Ave. 851 Traeger Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Accounting, Finance and Actuarial Services
Public Department Name: Conroller's Department
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements