Research Project Manager San Francisco, CA
Manages all aspects of large scale and/or multi-center research projects. Large project usually is multi-year, with a budget in excess of 200k annually and hundreds of participants at multiple sites, or involve highly complex data collection on a smaller number of participants. Resolves policy, research design and administrative issues and problems.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management/operations of large scale research projects. Supervises project coordinators, research associates/assistants, as well as hiring, disciplinary and termination decisions. Prepares grant proposals with the investigator for submission. May coordinate the work of programmers/analysts.
- Prepares, manages and balances budgets on projects. Responsible for collection of data and conducting data analysis. Prepares progress reports independently and collaboratively. May co-authors scientific papers with the investigator for publication. Interacts with national study sites, such as project officers, state and federal agencies, research teams from other organizations.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in one or more of the technical areas required.
- Bachelor's degree required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Demonstrate knowledge of research principles, design and strategies, bio-statistical analyses and data interpretation.
- Able to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Must demonstrate effective communication, consulting, interpersonal and project management skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree in public health, health care administration, epidemiology or other related field OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
Primary Location: California,San Francisco,San Francisco 2425 Geary Hospital 2425 Geary Blvd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Research and Development
Public Department Name: GME Administration
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements