Financial Senior Analyst Hillsboro, OR
The Senior Financial Analyst position is a client-facing role responsible for supporting the processes that produce the strategic financial plan, annual budgets, quarterly cost center forecasts, monthly IT investment forecasts, and monthly reporting and analysis of results related to Kaiser Permanente Information Technology BIO Clients. As the Senior Financial Analyst you will perform cost center and project track budgeting, forecasting and long range financial planning, variance analysis and reporting, interpretation of quantitative information, financial modeling and creating presentations for upper management review and key decision support. You will work directly with KPIT business partners to understand their business needs and drivers and report them in a clear and concise manner to KP-IT Management and Program Offices.
- Develop financial models to support strategic initiatives.
- Prepare concise and informative presentations of your analysis to senior management to inform and to educate/persuade.
- Analyze and comment on month-end financial results, provide variance analysis, research and resolve financial irregularities, and ensure transparency.
- Prepare Ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Prepare the annual budget and monthly forecast in conjunction with the client.
- Support the development of project business cases, challenge financial spending and savings assumptions and participate in special projects as needed.
- Partner with Finance counterparts in all organizations to improve financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting processes. Participate in cross-functional efforts to solve issues.
- Identify, initiate, research and prepare evaluations on a variety of complex and diverse projects and problems (e.g. financial statistical operational, and costs/benefit analyses).
- Obtain, run, analyze and interpret labor and Application-Based Costing reports. Provide the functional managers with appropriate reports to enable each to exercise needed control.
- Assure that recorded and reported information is valid, properly charged, and accurate.
- Participate in IT governance processes including PAC, ITEC, CAC and BOD
- Minimum four (4) years financial analysis or related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field OR four (4) years ofexperience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Broad application of financial analysis principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Advanced proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management.
- Thorough knowledge of financial analysis policies, practices and systems.
- Complete understanding and application of financial analysis principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Highly developed knowledge of finance theories such as presents values theory/cash flow analysis and accounting principles.
- Able to formulate finance study designs and prepare and conduct professional presentations.
- Master-s degree
- A minimum of 1 year experience providing financial planning and analysis support to an IT organization or department.
- General knowledge and understanding of accounting rules and principles.
- Thorough knowledge of financial analysis, practices and systems including general finance theories and methodologies, discounted cash flow analysis, cost/benefit analysis, financial modeling and project management.
- Proven initiative and self-directed style.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong analytical and proactive problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under demanding and tight deadlines with a high level of accuracy as both originator and reviewer.
- Confidentiality concerning all information and projects.
- Proficiency with Business Objects, Cognos and Access.
Primary Location: Oregon,Hillsboro,Amberglen KPIT Administration 2430 NW 206th Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Accounting, Finance and Actuarial Services
Public Department Name: IT Finance
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements