Worker's Comp Claims Processor I (Bilingual) Irvine, CA
Under direct supervision, Provides patient/visitor reception; check in and out; cash handling appointment scheduling and other Occupational Health Service's duties clerical duties as directed. Obtains employer/carrier information for billing/reporting purposes; contact employers/carriers to obtain authorization for treatment or report status of claims. Review of records to identify potential billing opportunities and transfer charges to appropriate account, if applicable. Enter pertinent claim information into KP internal computer systems. Ordering and photocopying medical records; temporarily cover other desk/functions due to vacation and workload fluctuations; clears designated Health Connect work queues daily, creates patient accounts to register patients and fills in the required KP computerized systems, provides personalized and professional patient/employer/carrier services. Individual must be customer service oriented. Extensive contact with members, non-members, physicians, third party administrators/carriers and employers/clients. Must be able to provide status of claim; create patient accounts and files; Input and maintain information on all appropriate systems as utilized by Kaiser Permanente. Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask in a busy environment.
- Answer and screen incoming phone calls for the department.
- Receives and filters messages to providers/clinicians/case managers/case coordinators through the Health Connect system and reply as appropriate.
- Greet patients/visitors and determine nature of visit.
- Handles customer inquires.
- Assists patients in completing required forms.
- Request for internal /external records.
- Creates accounts in the KP internal systems.
- Transfer charges to the appropriate KP Health Connect patient account.
- Schedule appointments for workers' compensation patients.
- Interact with internal/external customers to schedule appointments or obtain information.
- Make rounds to certain internal departments to retrieve paperwork, as necessary.
- Consolidate or corrects duplicate accounts by using appropriate system functions.
- Enters account notes on patient cases.
- Reviews subpoena requests.
- Review KP internal systems to ensure that duplicate visits are not captured.
- Complete transfer of care forms.
- Clear designated Health Connect work queues daily.
- Open and distribute mail to proper areas; match bills to reports and mail to carrier along with any other documentation as necessary.
- Type various documentation as required in our current KP systems.
- Prepare office supply orders.
- Payment and collection for OHSS services, as required.
- Performs other related duties as required to maintain efficient departmental operations.
- Promotes, ensures and improves customer service to internal/external customers by demonstrating skills which are consistent with the organization's philosophy of providing extraordinary customer relations and quality service as well as all other Kaiser Permanente Policy Procedures.
Pay Grade: 13
- Minimum of one (1) year relevant clerical and customer service experience in Workers' Compensation.
- Cash handling experience.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Typing 35 wpm required. Typing score must be current within one (1) year. Please contact Human Resources for testing.
- All testing must be completed by the end of posting period.
- Successfully passed a medical terminology test.
- Knowledge of Workers' Compensation claims Processing.
- Ability to research, summarize and communicate clearly to the public, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use computer to perform assigned duties.
- Equipment Utilized: Computer, Adding Machine, Fax Machine, Photocopier, Telephone and Typewriter.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Level I required.
- H ave valid driver-s license and car insurance.
- This is a variable position, start times may vary within the specific shift.
- Start time hour may vary if operationally needed between 8:00 am - 9:00am.
- Once a month start time 7:00am.
- Float position to other OHS departments if operationally needed.
- May be required to float to other OHS departments, same day, if operationally needed.
- May work/provide OHSS services at employer health fairs.
- Must successfully pass or have passed the bilingual test (within the last 12 months), or be active in the QBS program.
Primary Location: California,Irvine,Alton/Sand Canyon Medical Offices I 6670 Alton Pkw
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: United Healthcare Workers - West
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Insurance / Claims
Public Department Name: Occupational Health/Kasier on The Job
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements