Senior Consulting Data Analyst Oakland, CA
Under general supervision, this position exists to assist the organization in making strategic data-related decisions by analyzing, manipulating, tracking, internally managing, and reporting data. This position functions both as a senior analyst and as a high-level statistical analytics programmer.
- Designs and enhances databases.
- Designs effective and user-friendly menu systems.
- Develops accurate, easy to read, and useful information reports.
- Designs and generates tracking and monitoring tools.
- Participates in the development of outcomes and process measures, including technical specifications to enable population measurement, guideline implementation, and evaluation.
- Tests complex statistical routines using macros, vendor software, and software written by self and others.
- Tests and maintains data integrity.
- May assist with sophisticated statistical models and forecasting tools using these databases.
- Assists with the definition of complex multi-dimensional healthcare issues and develops time tables/processes for decision making.
- May translate needs, issues, and ideas into effective strategies and action plans.
- May formulate specific implementation plans and evaluates the effectiveness of actions/programs implemented.
- Develops creative alternative solutions.
- May assist in the determination of goals and priorities with team, clients, or project management sponsors.
- May communicate results/recommendations to project sponsors, clients, and various senior level audiences (including physicians for TPMG departments).
- Three (3) years of programming in SAS, SQL, VBA, net, or equivalent statistical analytical programming language.
- Minimum two (2) or more years of related analytical consulting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, health care administration, public health administration, statistics, mathematics, operations
research, or related field required OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Experience mainframe operating systems.
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Ability to express complex analytical and technical information to senior management or to audiences with clinical training.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Analytical consulting experience in the healthcare field preferred.
- Experience with MVS/TSO operating systems preferred.
- Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of large databases preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Broad familiarity with medical practices, especially population management and process and outcomes measurement preferred.
- Knowledge of JCL strongly preferred.
Master-s degree in statistics, mathematics, public health, etc., or Bachelors degree and equivalent experience. Consult with researchers on the feasibility, design and methods of proposed research projects. Perform advanced statistical analyses independently, such as logistic regression, survival analysis, hierarchical modeling. Provide data extractions and develop analytic datasets for individual studies. Provide high-level analytic programming and statistical consultation projects with minimal supervision. Perform other programming, analytic and consulting duties as required. -MPH in Epi/Biostat. Strong statistical analysis and consulting background. Based primarily in chronic disease epidemiology (obesity, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes in women).
Primary Location: California,Oakland,2000 Broadway 2000 Broadway
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Information Technology
Public Department Name: Government Project - Federal Prime Grants
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements