HR Disability Case Manager Oakland, CA
Serves as the primary contact for employees seeking reasonable accommodation through the Interactive Process. Identifies opportunities for employees to use the Transitional Work Program through the disability case management process. Consults with management, employees, legal counsel and union representatives regarding HR Compliance and Disability Management regulations to ensure policies are applied accurately and consistently to meet state and federal laws, KP policies and collective bargaining agreements. Assists in the creation of plans that promote and enforce HR compliance programs. Provides training to managers on compliance and disability related policies. Evaluates, manages and consults for compliance on HR-related standards for hospital accreditation, licensing surveys and disability management programs. Participates in regulatory survey activities to ensure compliance standards are met.
- Advises management and employees regarding HR compliance requirements and disability laws, policies, and processes.
- Builds effective plans to mitigate risk by analyzing HR Compliance and Disability data trends.
- Leverages data and provides reports to promote value of programs and engages Sr. Leadership to design, implement, and communicate strategic action plans.
- Ensures local facility practices are in legal and regional compliance.
- Develops and delivers training and education programs for local facilities regarding HR disability and HR compliance related regulations, laws, policies, and processes.
- Responsible for management of the interactive process as required by ADA/FEHA, resulting in the offer of reasonable accommodations to include of the transitional work program.
- Consults with department managers, claims administrators, legal, union representatives/leaders.
- Human Resource peers, employees and leadership through the course of disability case management.
- Consults with department managers and employees regarding medical leaves, industrial leaves, generalleaves planning (where applicable), maternity leaves and related labor contract/bargaining agreement provisions.
- Provides a centralized, strategic focus to reduce employee lost time due to medical or industrial leave.
- Coordinates with supervisors and department managers to ensure prompt and accurate reporting of workers compensation claims to support timely reporting and appropriate benefit payments.
- Leads efforts to assist and consult with managers to ensure facility readiness and compliance with HR standards for hospital survey accreditation or other external agency reviews.
- Manages and assists any corrective action plans to resolve findings from survey and audits to ensure compliance standards are met.
- Coordinates with external vendors to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees. Must travel as needed to multiple sites.
- Minimum two (2) years ofexperience in Human Resources, Disability Management, HR Compliance or related compliance work experience.
- Bachelor's degreeOR minimumfour (4) yearsof experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid California driver's license.
- Demonstrated experience managing cases involving the interactive process.
- Demonstrated through work experience content expert knowledge of state and federal disability laws to include: ADA, FEHA, FMLA, CRFA, PDL and workers' compensation.
- Ability to consult regarding confidential and complex issues.
- Must demonstrate excellent, effective written and verbal communication, consulting, interpersonal and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively create and facilitate collaboration amongst diverse groups, people and professional disciplines.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management environment.
- Four (4) years ofexperience in Human Resources, Disability Management or HR Compliance.
- Bachelor's degree.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,1950 Franklin 1950 Franklin
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri; This position will be shared between Oakland and Vallejo locations.
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Human Resources / HRIS
Public Department Name: Compliance/Disability Management
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements