Physician HR Consultant Oakland, CA
Consults, coaches, educates and provides guidance to senior physician leadership and Chiefs of Clinical Service, on Human Resources areas such as Physician/Staff Relations, Diversity, Change-Disability and Performance Management, Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Benefits, and Compensation. Conducts investigations related to HR issues. Consults with HR Leaders, HR Business Partners, Consultants and other PHRCs to ensure regulatory requirements impacting and influencing Human Resources are applied consistently at the facility and area level. Reports the Physician Manager of Human Resources and functionally to the Physician-in-Chief (PIC) in the assigned Medical Center.
- Partners with the Assistant Physician-in-Chief for Human Resources (APIC/HR), Chiefs of Clinical Service, and assigned TPMG Legal Counsel. Also consults with other TPMG departments and staff, KFH/HP HR leaders, business partners and consultants.
- Serves as the single point of contact and subject matter expert in the delivery of Physician HR for the facility.
- Manages, directs, and evaluates the work of the Physician HR Generalists and Coordinators as required.
- Provides local expertise and consultation related to strategy development, execution planning, and facilitation of Physician HR practices, programs and services.
- Accountable for conducting and responding to investigations, disputes, physician issues, questions and concerns. Consults with PICs, APICs, Chiefs of Clinical Service and TPMG Legal Counsel pertaining to reports to the Medical Board of California. Under the direction of the PIC and/or TPMG Legal Counsel, coordinates responses to external complaints, charges, and litigation.
- Develops and implements processes to control costs associated with identified problems/issues.
- Consults with TPMG HR leadership to ensure consistent application and implementation of physician HR strategies, policies, and programs to include the planning, implementation and on-going maintenance of Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity, and Compensation programs.
- Monitors Affirmative Action plans. Consults with management and physicians on Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity issues and charges and if/when necessary investigates and responds to Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity charges and allegations.
- Assumes a lead role on projects as assigned by Region or by local PIC or APIC/HR.
- Educates and coaches physician leaders and managers regarding HR issues, programs, and practices including the facilitation and/or delivery of educational presentations to staff physicians. Develops and/or assists in the development of action plans to assists Chiefs in the resolution of identified performance or behavioral problems such as anger management, non-compliance, failure to meet defined expectations.
- Upholds the standards for excellence in the organization by providing an exemplary work ethic and quality standard in all communications and work products.
- Promotes organizational values by leading by example and building/growing relationships. Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of human resources leadership experience.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in human resources, business administration, organizational development, industrial relations, organizational psychology, sociology, counseling or closely related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication, problem solving, analytical and teambuilding skills.
- Effective, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Organized, detail oriented, and able to handle confidential issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Extensive knowledge of Employment laws, regulations, and practices.
- Working knowledge of Compensation and Benefits practices.
- Able to lead professionals and manage others through influence and collaboration.
- Proficient with PC applications and internet usage.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Prior experience as an HR Consultant or as an HR Manager/Director is desirable.
- Master's degree in HR related field from an accredited college or university with major course work in human resources, business administration, organizational development, industrial relations, organizational psychology, sociology, counseling or closely related field.
- Professional certification (SPHR, PHR, CCP, CEBS, etc) and affiliations with SHRM & NCHRA.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,1950 Franklin 1950 Franklin
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: Human Resources / HRIS
Public Department Name: Regional HR-Consulting Group Practice
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements