Health Data Analyst I Oakland, CA
Provide quantitative measurement and data analysis expertise for the Utility for Care Data Analysis. Responsible for implementing established, as well as developing and applying innovative techniques for measuring, analyzing, and reporting on healthcare processes, health outcomes, and health costs.
- Employs specified analytical methods and tools to access data from JP HealthConnect information systems (e.g. Clarity).
- Prepares descriptive data summaries using established tabular or graphical templates and formats.
- Applies specified analytical methods to assess the significance of observed changes, identify associations among measured quantities, or forecast trends.
- Contributes to written reports and presentation materials describing project or task objectives, methods, data, and results.
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience (preferably in health care) although not necessarily in a technical capacity.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, scientific,or related fieldOR four (4) years of experience in directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Substantial experience with Microsoft Excel and Access applications.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication. Creativity, critical thinking, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and effective interpersonal skills.
- Basic understanding of relational database concepts.
- Knowledge of fundamental statistical concepts.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry preferred.
- Familiarity with Kaiser Permanente health care system preferred.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,1800 Harrison 1800 Harrison
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: External Affairs / Relations
Public Department Name: Risk Adjustment, Decision Support
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements