Executive Assistant I Oakland, CA
Responsible for advanced administrative and business operations support for senior management. Requires continuous use of technical and business vocabulary and a detailed knowledge of the organization's operations, policies, procedures, and personnel. Analyzes problems, determines approach, compiles and analyzes data, and prepares reports/recommendations. Works independently to anticipate and meet business needs.
- Provides more complex administrative support and project coordination for executives and senior management to include the following: Answers phones and email, and directs inquiries to appropriate parties based on functional/operational knowledge; may respond to routine to moderately complex inquiries directly.
- Manages multiple calendars to include arranging complex special events requiring solid understanding of event requirements and coordination of dependencies.
- Drafts more complex and detailed correspondence for executives using KP knowledge and advanced business acumen; independently updates department documents as needed. Uses basic to advanced knowledge of two or more Microsoft Office/PC applications, depending upon department or business needs.
- Assists with complex custom reports and cross-functional initiatives that require project coordination (e.g., data collection and validation, project reporting, etc.
- Monitors & resolves administrative budget issues to include billing and payment authorization for planned and unplanned expenses and special events; handles recharges across business units, tracks and accounts for executive travel/business expenses.
- Interacts regularly with KP employees at all levels across multiple organizations, as well as external representatives as a liaison, to gather, exchange, and compare/contrast pertinent operational information for others' use.
- Coordinates administrative workflow of the department; recommends new processes as needed. Directs and delegates to other administrative assistants on work processes and best practices.
- Minimum eight (8) years of administrative and/or executive assistant experience with increasing levels of scope and discretion.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to learn and apply In-depth knowledge of KP's policies, practices, business, theories and systems.
- Uses acquired knowledge of industry practices and standards.
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to coordinate and provide support to an executive with a highly dynamic/complex role at KP.
- As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in creative and effective ways.
- Uses intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint) to create more difficult presentation materials with graphs/illustrations, and proofreads content for accuracy and KP established formatting.
- Advanced writing skills to compose complex and detailed correspondence and recommends updates to department documents as needed.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Preferred demonstrated success providing support within a complex work environment.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,Ordway One Kaiser Plaza
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Administration, Clerical and Support Services
Public Department Name: HR Strategy and Management
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements