Construction Staff Project Manager Santa Rosa\San Rafael CA Santa Rosa, CA
Provides managerial oversight to a construction project or a series of construction projects.Responsible for the overall direction, administration, completion, and financial outcome of a construction project.Manages work of project teams including facility administration, project coordinators, general contractors and contracted consultants responsible for developing project scope, budget and schedule, to establish operational priorities and maintains satisfactory relationships with service area leadership and staff, subcontractors, unions, etc.
- Responsible for all phases (planning, scheduling and managing) of the design and construction process of a complex construction or refurbishment project generally in the range of $50 million to $100 million in cumulative budget responsibility.
- Secures management support for project scopes budgets, and goals.
- Negotiates with local and state jurisdictions.
- Defines project parameters in terms of time, money, physical objectives and outside constraints.
- Oversees, develops and manages a project team comprised of facility administration, project coordinators, general contractors and contracted consultants responsible for developing project scope, budget and schedule.
- Leads team(s) in establishing scope, budget and schedule, and maintains such commitments through design, construction, and close-out processes.
- Supervises on-site Design and Construction teams, communicating goals and project status with facility leadership.
- Evaluates and provides guidance during all planning stages of medical and regional facilities including making economic comparisons of development schemes, recommending options in conformance to master plan.
- Negotiates fees and business decisions for contracts with professional contractors.
- Reviews and approves consultant and contractor invoices, and approves change orders to contract documents.
- Ensures Facilities Services goals for client service are continuously met through the design and construction process.
- Ensures that projects are completed in compliance with Kaiser standards for quality/functionality and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Leads and manages timely procurement for all permits required by regulatory authorities.
- Minimum ten (10) years of total experience.
- Bachelor's degree or certification in architecture, engineering, construction or project management or related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Functional Knowledge&Skills:
- Working knowledge of principles of architecture, engineering, and construction.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and local laws and regulations related to real estate and land development and health facility projects; local entitlement and permitting processes, to include compliance with DEQA; Specific knowledge of OSHPD (in California) and similar regulatory agencies practices/ policies/ procedures in other states.
- Professional license/registration/certification preferred.
Primary Location: California,Santa Rosa,Santa Rosa Construction Trailer 401 Bicentennial W
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon. - Fri.
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Public Department Name: National Facilities Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements