Research Associate IV Opthalmology Research Pasadena, CA
Manages all aspects of one (1) medium to large-scale research study or three (3) or more small to medium sized studies. Supervises project staff. Works independently in accordance with established objectives. Work subject to occasional review.
- Manages all aspects of one (1) medium to large-scale research study or three (3) or more small to medium sized studies.
- May assist in development of study tools (e.g. tracking forms, questionnaires, chart review forms, etc.).
- Develops and implements study protocols/operation manuals.
- Monitors progress of study activities (e.g. data collection and validation, recruitment, pilot studies, focus groups, etc.) and ensures that study objectives are met.
- Contributes to high level discussions with funding agencies and research teams from other organizations.
- Prepares progress reports independently and/or collaboratively.
- May participate in the training of new team members and/or clinical staff.
- Ensures that all staff administrative requirements and certifications are complete and current.
- Assists with identifying staff training needs and resources to address needs.
- May assist in the creation of staff development materials.
- If assigned to clinical trial, will work with Sponsors/monitors at clinical sites.
- Adheres to compliance and privacy/confidentiality requirements and standards.
- Adheres to GCP and compliance regulations for clinical trials.
- Oversees data collection and conducts data analysis.
- Implements quality control and quality assurance measures.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of KP systems and databases.
- Makes decisions for day-to-day operations of projects including the resolution of technical problems and questions from project staff.
- Negotiates and manages time commitments and resources.
- Interfaces with IRB and drafts IRB protocols, amendments, continuing reviews, etc.
- Supervises and manages the day-to-day activities of project staff including evaluating performance.
- May include hiring and disciplinary actions in partnership with the Project Manager and/or Unit Manager.
- May mentor, develop and train staff.
- Provides consultation to investigators and project coordinators on staffing and staff-related concerns.
- May co-author scientific papers with the investigator for presentation and/or publication.
- May attend and present study findings at professional/ scientific meetings.
- Serves as a member and may provide leadership on department or study-related committees.
- Responsible for the management of research project budgets; seeks to develop cost effective ways to manage study resources.
- Assists investigators in developing and preparing grant proposals by contributing to portions of grant proposals.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a health care and/or research setting to include management responsibility.
- Minimum four (4) years of training and/or professional experience in research methodology/research study design, and hypothesis testing; ORminimum four (4) years of experience in clinical trials protocols involving research methodology / research study design, and hypothesis testing.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience managing research projects in a self-directed capacity.
- Minimum two (2) years leadership experience to include one (1) year of direct personnel management experience.
- Master's degree in public health, health care administration, epidemiology, or related field, OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative data interpretation and application.
- Develops and implements research instruments under general supervision.
- Must be able to create professional reports and presentations.
- Ability to manage research budgets.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree in public health, health care administration, epidemiology, or related field.
- Knowledge and experience in ophthalmology.
- Excellent organizational skills to independently manage work flow.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and take initiative.
-Energetic with an ability to prioritize quickly and multi-task.
-Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Excellent teamwork attitude.
- Demonstrate aptitude for developing new skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is preferred.
Primary Location: California,Pasadena,S. Los Robles Administration 100 S. Los Robles
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Research and Development
Public Department Name: Research and Evaluation
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements