Regional Director Nursing Research Pasadena, CA
Provides leadership, direction and accountability to Patient Care Services on evidence based nursing practice by facilitating the generation and integration of scientific knowledge via clinical research projects, evidence based projects and program development and maintenance. Provides direction and management of operational structures that support patients, nurses and other providers in their evidence-based, decision making in all inpatient settings and roles. Ensures that all activities are aligned with organizational and regional goals/objectives and strategic nursing initiatives. Provides leadership and management to professional and administrative staff who support, design, develop, implement and evaluate nursing clinical research and evidence based projects, infrastructures, and programs.
- Recognized nursing research and evidence based practice expert and leader in the relevant work of Patient Care Services (PCS) at the Regional level.
- Clinical and health services research liaison for PCS to senior leadership including Nurse Executives and Medical Group Administrators.
- Partners with senior management to help establish key organizational needs in regards to clinical nursing research and evidence based practice.
- Creates strategy and provides leadership to PCS department for clinical and health services research operations.
- Acts as an identified expert to leadership/recognized groups and provides expert advice on nursing science and evidence based practice.
- Provides leadership for delivery of high quality and cost effective clinical evidence based solutions to issues of key organizational importance.
- Provides analytical and interpretive support for department and organization related to nursing and health services projects.
- Provides operational oversight to the PCS Nursing Research program staff and is a member of the PCS leadership team.
- Responsible for the partnering with appropriate work groups (e.g., IRB, Technology assessment) in order to provide oversight of planning, coordination, monitoring of development, implementation, training, evaluation and maintenance of identified projects.
- Establishes and facilitates communications across clinical operations and provider groups for patient care related nursing research and evidence based practice.
- Assesses needs, identifies and evaluates improvements to best integrate existing nursing research and evidence based practice into clinical and operational environments.
- Maintains awareness of current clinical programs/activities to assure, where appropriate, that responsibilities are carried out and recommendations/decisions are made with relevant clinical considerations.
- Maintains competence and knowledge of current trends regarding nursing research and evidence based practice.
- Represents Regional PCS in matters related to nursing research and evidence based nursing practice.
- Contributes and helps guide development of a cohesive enterprise-wide and/or Regional plan and implementation projects for nursing research.
- Works in conjunction with other Patient Care Operations management to forecast and deliver the appropriate research and evidence based training to achieve the anticipated outcomes.
- Provides strategic direction from the Patient Care Services department to evidence based patient care in order to insure that patient care and business goals can effectively and efficiently be met.
- Develops, manages, and monitors respective cost center operating and capital budgets in collaboration with constituents and team members.
- Provide leadership and management for a professional and administrative staff to support, design and develop performance enrichment opportunities.
- Leads through influence and demonstrates leadership in partnering with local, regional, national customers to achieve desired outcomes.
Hires, fires, performs disciplinary actions, recommends employee training and development, and conducts performance assessments for assigned staff.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience designing, implementing, and evaluating research and evidence based practice projects from a multidisciplinary perspective that includes processes for developing and managing budgets, performing benefit cost analysis and evaluating and implementing recommendations related to applicable nursing clinical programs.
- Minimum three (3) years experience applying management and interpersonal skills including communication, team building, conflict resolution, group interaction, project management, and budget management, consultation, facilitation, influencing, and negotiation skills with a variety of management and other personnel, including external partners/groups.
- Master's degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Public Health Administration, or other related field, OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- RN license.
- Some travel will be required to support the medical centers and organizational activities.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Recognized in area of expertise both internal and external to KP.
- PhD degree in Nursing or other related field.
Primary Location: California,Pasadena,Regional Offices-Walnut 393 E. Walnut St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Job: Research and Development
Public Department Name: Patient Care Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements