First Cook Woodland Hills, CA
Under immediate supervision, prepares conventional & convenience type food, following established procedures for patients & cafeteria. May use preparation equipment as necessary. Responsible for maintaining sanitation of food service work areas and/or food service stations.
- Upholds KP's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities, and applicable state, federal and local laws
- Observes appropriate food handling techniques according to standards of personal hygiene in accordance with local, state, and federal agencies
- Requisitions or procures food supplies according to established guidelines
- Prepares conventional and convenience type foods according to production sheets and standing orders for distribution to tray line, cafeteria, and catering services following department safety and sanitation policy
- Replenishes food items as needed
- Cleans and decontaminates patient care and work area stations, sanitizes cooking utensils, washes and rinses, and disposal
Pay Grade: 06
- Minimum six (6) months of experience as a Cook in a restaurant, hospital or institutional food service using standard food service equipment (Grill, Oven, Fryer, etc)
- Culinary Arts degree or AA in Institutional Food Preparation, preferred
- High School diploma or GED and/or equivalent experience
- Must be able to grill, fry, roast & bake as needed to prepare standard menu items
- Demonstrated ability to read, write & follow written & oral instructions in English
- Knowledge of hospital food service operations preferred
- Holidays and weekends required.
- E venings and Day Shifts as needed by the department.
- This is an on call position, days and hours may vary according to departmental need.
Primary Location: California,Woodland Hills,Woodland Hills Medical Center 5601 De Soto Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 0
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: United Healthcare Workers - West
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Nutrition / Food Services
Public Department Name: Food and Nutrition Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements