SSD Health Care Systems Specialist (Epic design exper preferred) Pasadena, CA
Work under supervision with various levels of clients within the organization and with outside parties as necessary to identify operational business requirements with sufficient detail and clarity to allow technical solution proposal development in partnership with IT. Gather information to support integration of clinical systems into business operations. Participate in initiatives by gathering and analyzing information, preparing structured documentation, and presentations of findings and general troubleshooting as necessary.
- Assist with application technical and operational knowledge in the analysis of client requirements in project areas such as:
- IT testing and product acceptance, gap analysis, development of new business operating models with innovative approaches to IT solutions support and available product functionality, operational readiness assessment, and others.
- Assist in cross functional task forces to identify and document functional requirements, workflow, information sources and distribution paths.
- Conducts analysis of client business processes and functional requirements and prepares appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the analysis with clients and/or more senior level staff.
- Assist in the analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective solutions which support client business processes and functional requirements.
- Assist in the development of comprehensive business cases with cost, service, and benefit dimensions of proposed IT projects that are used at various levels for funding and scope decisions.
- Assist as a support for the implementation of initiatives into deployment using project management methodologies.
- Serve as a single point of contact for the resolution of client issues and acts as a liaison between business clients and IT technical staff.
- Analytical assessment of problem incidents for next higher level of support.
- Perform predetermined work in system as defined by policy and procedure/protocol.
- Evaluate existing application products which could address client requirements and develop recommendations where appropriate.
- Assist in development of product enhancement requests.
- Completes administrative requirements in an accurate and timely manner (e.g. time reporting, status reporting, etc.).
- Travel may be required.
- Minimum two (2) years ofexperience in information systems analysis or implementation or Healthcare operations (Master's degree in related field (see Education/License/ Certification) can be used in lieu of one (1) year of experience).
- Bachelor's degree in health care, information systems, computer science, engineering or related fields OR four (4) years of experience in a directly relatedfield required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED).
License, Certification, Registration
- Strong skills in critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (e.g., partnering, conflict management, consulting, etc.).
- Proficient with PC applications including database, spreadsheet, word processing, presentation software and graphics packages.
- Working knowledge in health care systems.
- Travel may be required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree in healthcare, information systems, computer science, engineering or related fieldsOR six(6) years of experience in a directly related field preferred.
- Knowledge in health care, clinical systems, information systems, or other related field.
- Prior responsibilities and accountabilities in a large mainframe or client server environment.
-Will support on the Welcome track for the SCAL and GA regions.
-Will assist with Validation of monthly code updates, Security updates, deployment of enhanced functionality and system support to our operational partners.
Primary Location: California,Pasadena,West Annex - Parsons 74 N. Pasadena Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Information Technology
Public Department Name: SSD
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements