Director Ambulatory Care Services Hermatology Oncology Los Angeles, CA
Responsible for directing the administrativeand business management of a single large department with more than 150 FTEs or multiple medium size departments with more than 150 FTEs (which may be at multiple sites) providing ambulatory patient care servicesand the planning, development, implementation andevaluation/improvement of services/programs. Through clinical nurse managers or assistant nurse managers, ensures nursingandpatient care staff provide high quality, accessible, cost effective care andpatient focused services to members across the continuum which comply with local, state andfederal requirements. Implementsand maintains clinicaland patient care practice standards, budgets andstaff development. Directs the management of operations, programs andservices that add valueand are integrated with nursing standards of practice, service priorities andperformance/outcome measures, as well as with strategic, business andorganizational goals/objectives. Participates as part of management team in formulating, implementing andevaluating business plans/strategies for ambulatory care servicesand responsible for achieving both short and long term strategic, business andfinancial goals/objectives.
- Directs the management of ambulatory care programs, services andoperations andthrough nurse manager(s) or assistant nurse managers is responsible for the delivery of nursing services and outpatient care which are integrated with business plansand meet or exceed cost, quality, clinical andutilization standardsand performance measures.
- Ensures that services meet members', physicians andinternal clients' needs in a changing & competitive health care market.
- Directs the coordination/integration of outpatient services between departments andacross the continuum of careand directs the continuous improvement of all clinical practices, services andoperations by designand implementation of systems, processes andmethods to evaluateand improve patient care.
- As part of management team, participates in the development, implementation andevaluation of new models/methods of delivering primary care to members.
- Ensures patient care staff provide the highest quality of careand are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, TJC, NCQA, federal, stateand local requirements.
- Collaborates with physicians, nursing andother health care providers in establishing, implementing andmaintaining patient care, quality andservice standards to meet members'and internal clients' expectations.
- Designsand evaluates processes to improve systemsand patient care results across the multiple departments andacross continuum of care.
- Directs the mgmt of financial plans, resources andbudgets.
- Monitors financial performanceand identifiesand implements strategies to reduce costsand improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff-mix for multiple departments andmanageshuman resourcesfunctions; develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train,and maintain the competency of all staff.
- Directs the programs for in-service educationand on going staff development.
- Directs the development, implementation,and monitoring of departmental policiesand procedures which support the organization's goalsand business objectives.
- Collaborates with Physician Team Leadersand Department Chiefs in planningand developing the level of patient services/programsand the day-to-day operations of deptartments.
- Integrates outpatient services/programs with strategic business plans.
- Directs the management of human resources, labor relations, employeeand safety/risk management functions.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in management of ambulatory care or other related clinical area.
- Bachelor's degree requiredORa current incumbent in job code 06054 (Dir Ambulatory Care Services).
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills; knowledge of ambulatory care practices, operations and local, state and federal regulatory standards.
- Ability to conduct business and financial planning.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
-Position has responsibility over the ambulatory departments including Hematology Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplant, Infectious Diseases, Adult Infusion Centers and the Cancer Program.
-Direct reports include 2 Assistant Department Administrators.
-Occasionally works Saturday.
-This is a dualposting - Requisition (Non-licensed requisition # 551153 ) and (Licensed requisition #551169 ) are for one position only.
Primary Location: California,Los Angeles,1515 N. Vermont Medical Offices 1515 N. Vermont Av
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: Healthcare / Hospital Operations
Public Department Name: Hermatology Oncology
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements