Physical Therapy Assistant Largo Medical Center Largo, MD
Under direct supervision of a licensed physical therapist, administers specific physical therapy treatments as assigned and designated by the physical therapist through the use of various exercise techniques and therapeutic procedures.
- Administers treatment to restore function, mobility and strength, relieve pain and prevent disability through the use of various exercise techniques, appropriate modalities, simple extremity mobilization, muscle reeducation, gait training and other related treatment techniques.
- Provides patients and families with instruction in home exercise programs, pain relief techniques and prevention-oriented education.
- Maintains appropriate medical records to include progress notes.
- Consults with physical therapist and/or referring physician as indicated regarding patient achievement of goals, revision of program as indicated, appropriateness of continued treatment and patients discharge from treatment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of programs for the department such as peer reviews, in-service education and patient care audits.
- Maintains departmental supplies, equipment and apparatus in a clean, safe and functional condition.
- Performs other non-treatment related departmental tasks such as reception and clerical duties, stocking supplies, and performing inventory.
- Assists the Physical Therapist in providing continuing education through in-service programs for medical providers, physical therapy staff, facility employees and patients.
- Performs the responsibilities of a Physical Therapist Assistant to insure safe, progressive, efficient and effective patient care.
- Accountable for judgment and action as designated by the Code of Ethics of the A.P.T.A.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Associate's degree in Physical Therapy approved by American Physical Therapy Association required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed or license eligible in the appropriate jurisdiction (DC, MD&VA) required.
- Current BLS from American Heart Association is required.
- In order to work effectively with patients, must have effective interpersonal and communication skills and be able to stand, walk, bend, lift at least 50 pounds, hear, speak, and see.
- Prior experience in an outpatient setting preferred.
-Manual oriented therapists with focus on functional therex highly preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
-Motivated and a team player highly preferred.
- Flexible scheduling options available (ie. four 10s, 5-4-9 etc).
Primary Location: Maryland,Largo,Largo Medical Center 1221 Mercantile Ln.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Sat
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: OPEIU - Local 2
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Rehab Services
Public Department Name: Rehab Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements