Material Customer Service Associate Honolulu, HI
Under indirect supervision, orders and replenishes items, materiel or services of non-technical, technical or specialized nature which are usually made, altered or customized to specific needs and specifications that detail, in technical terms, required physical, chemical or other properties. Assists in training inventory associate and other clerical staff.
- Advises customers to develop and maintain appropriate inventory minimum and maximum target levels; assists customer with materiel inventory needs which may include research
- Ensures that established replenishment cycle results in most accurate, timely, and efficient delivery of supplies to customers
- Develops and maintains effective physical organization of storerooms and storage areas that respects Program and regulatory agency standards
- Rotates dated items appropriately
- Advises customers to eliminate non-standard supply items from inventory
- Acts as liaison for customers for national product standards
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service with variety of internal and external customers
- Acts as effective resource and liaison for Materiel Services
- Provides reliable, useful product information to customers
- Identifies and devises action plans to enhance utilization of goods and services
- Functions effectively as adjunct medical office team member while advocating prudent application of national and divisional Materiel Services and financial control standards.
- Assists training for health care team members and Materiel Services staff members on Materiel Services practices
- Provides information to health care team members and Materiel Services staff members on Materiel Services practices
- Effectively manages and resolves emergency situations, such as stock outages and equipment failures
- Edits requisitions and confers with issuing department regarding requirements, specifications, quantity and quality of merchandise and delivery schedules; places orders by utilizing materiel computer system
- Carries out necessary follow-ups and expediting activities to insure proper delivery schedules
- Keeps management informed of problem areas and takes constructive corrective action
- Insures proper inventory levels are maintained
- Interprets inventory printouts; provides information, projections and recommendations for purchase standardization, quality, amounts or equivalency
- Performs other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned
- One (1) year experience in material services or purchasing.
- High School Diploma; or equivalent combination of education (lesser) & experience may be considered in lieu of requirements.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication, written communication, customer service, interpersonal relations, teamwork, conflict resolution, and problem solving.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and inventory management information systems PC applications.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g., organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration and alertness.
- Some experience or exposure to the healthcare industry, including basic knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare supplies.
- Associate's degree in business administration, hospital administration, or economics.
- Certification in material management (e.g., APICS or PMA).
Primary Location: Hawaii,Honolulu,Hospital/Medical Offices 3288 Moanalua Rd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: HERE-Local 5
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Materials Management
Public Department Name: Central Supply
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements