Psych Social Worker PD Fontana, CA
The Psychiatric Social Worker is a member of an interdisciplinary team who provides direct assessment, diagnosis formulation, treatment planning, treatment intervention and psycho-education to members and/or family members. Must be familiar with all aspects of psychopathology and recognize the appropriate and timely clinical treatment intervention needed. The Psychiatric Social Worker may work with specific age group as is determined by training and certificate. Must be familiar with and have expertise in a variety of treatment modalities. The majority of the position will be spent in direct patient care.
- Timely and appropriate assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and treatment intervention of members.
- Appropriate selection of treatment modality to member's presenting problem.
- Is an effective communicator of clinical material to member and clinical staff.
- Provides high internal and external customer/patient satisfaction.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of treatment methodologies.
- Provides appropriate and timely documentation of clinical encounters in member's charts.
- Is knowledgeable of KP and community resources.
- Adheres to all mandated guidelines for patient's clinical care and license.
- Maintains license.
- Conduct initial interview with Members by eliciting and interpreting the psychological and social meaning of complaints.
- Determines urgency of member's need.
- Provides a professional interpretation of member's presentation and recommends a course of therapeutic action, selects appropriate treatment modality.
- Provides treatment to adults, adolescents and children.
- Renders appropriate and immediate guidance&therapy for members in crisis or in need of clinical services.
- Maintains written record of therapy, prepares reports and letter; phones, writes and visits (with member permission) social agencies, schools relatives, friends to obtain pertinent information.
- Provides clinical consultation in an integrated health care environment regarding family interactions, sociocultural determinants and community resources.
- Provides telephone assessment, counseling, resource information and referrals.
- Proficient in identifying and treating the span of developmental stages.
- Proficient in various treatment modalities including, but not limited to individual, group family & child therapy.
- Complies with organizational, departmental, state/federal guidelines&all regulatory agency policies and procedures.
- Participates in QM & CQI activities.
- Two (2) years of post graduate experience in a behavioral health setting required.
- Master's degree in social work required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid and current CA LCSW license required.May consider LMFT, with a master's degree in a Behavioral Health field, job code 65339, for this position.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize current DSM nomenclature required.
- This position may be asked to perform all the tasks of a Psychiatric Social Worker, including intakes, treatment planning, brief goal focused treatment and continued care with our chronic population in individual, conjoint sessions, groups.
- Works with children, adolescence, families and adults.
- May be asked to work four (4) hours after 5:00 PM required for patient care access.
- Requires applicant to have a willingness and ability to support/provide tele-health.
- May require employee to provide home/community based services or/and mobile services.
- Position may require employee to travel to other department of Psychiatry/Behavioral Health in the county of San Bernardino.
- May be required to cover the Fontana and Ontario ER's after hours.
- This position may be filled by LCSW or LMFT.
Primary Location: California,Fontana,Fontana CDRP 17046 Marygold Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 0
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Schedule: Per Diem
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: NUHW
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Behavioral / Mental Health
Public Department Name: Behavioral Health
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements