Infusion Pharmacy Tech (PRN) Gwinnett Duluth, GA
Under supervision of a licensed Pharmacist, assists in the provision of drug therapy through compounding infusion of medications, antigen injections, chemotherapy and related supplies; related information system update; and inventory and storage of related supplies and medications. Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs. Builds rapport and cooperative relationship with members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolves problems.
- Prepares infusion medications, under the supervision of a pharmacist according to accepted sterile compounding procedures.
- Enters medication and patient demographics into information system according to procedure. Completes the process in accordance with standards, and coordinates delivery of medication.
- Places orders, restocks shelves, compiles monthly cost statistics, and completes medication audits according to schedule. Maintains and tracks equipment used in the administration of infusion therapies. Assists I.V. Pharmacy supervisor and pharmacists in providing instruction to others (e.g., students, new employees, rotating employees).
- Provides staffing support to other KP Pharmacies as needed.
- Assists with special projects and related activities as assigned. Candidate must rotate to all Infusion locations (Gwinnett, Cumberland, Southwood Infusion Centers).
- Performs general clerical duties including cash register operation, cash handling, member eligibility verification, book keeping, filing and general supply maintenance.
- Under supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, performs technical duties including entering prescription and allergy data into the computer or typing prescription labels, retrieving medication from shelves, counting and packaging medication, labeling medication, retrieving refill request information from phone and automated systems.
- Assists with inventory control, purchasing, pharmaceutical returns, return-to-stock, shelf cleanliness, product rotation and maintenance.
- Serves members in a friendly, courteous and expedient manner which promotes member satisfaction and retention.
- Works in conjunction with medical records and nursing staff to collect and disseminate prescription related information (e.g. advice slips, refill requests).
- In conjunction with supervisor or under supervisor's direction, orients and instructs new pharmacy personnel regarding department policies and procedures.
- Participates in patient education programs as appropriate.
- May have specific clinical pharmacy service responsibilities such as patient enrollment in the service, telecommunication to patients and practitioners, written patient communication, laboratory data retrieval, processing reports (e.g. missed appointments), collecting data for quality improvement projects, maintaining a filing system, and handling administrative office activities.
- Attends pharmacy education or training programs as appropriate.
- One (1) year of dispensing technician experience.
- High School Diploma.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current registration with the state of Georgia.
- Demonstrated effective communications skills and the ability to deal pleasantly and effectively with medical staff and patients.
- Knowledge of basic cash register operations and cash control systems.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret written prescriptions.
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment.
- Customer service aptitude demonstrated through Customer Service Assessment.
Primary Location: Georgia,Duluth,Gwinnett Medical Offices I 3650 Steve Reynolds Blv
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 1
Working Days: M-F
Schedule: Per Diem
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: UFCW - Local 1996
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Public Department Name: Pharmacy
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements