Nurse LPN Primary Care Float (East Service Area) FT(40) Duluth, GA
Provides support for team and provider(s) during facility encounters. Manages patient traffic flow. Performs follow-up care per provider instructions and in accordance with scope of practice. Assists with patient education. Documents clinical information into the medical record.
- Prepares patient for exams by reviewing history, collecting current information and appropriate vital signs, documenting in the medical record according to guidelines (e.g., hearing, vision, blood pressure).
- Provides intervention ordered by practitioner (e.g., medication, dressings, specimen collections, irrigations, suture removals, and IVs) and documents patient response.
- Prepares room and equipment for procedures and assist physician as needed.
- Initiates interventions and health education according to prevention guidelines.
- Assist with monitoring and management of patient and physician electronic messages as delegated by the RN and within scope of practice.
- Educates patient and provides preparation materials for diagnostic studies according to guidelines.
- Schedules appointments for patients with lab, radiology, consultants and follow-up appointments as ordered by practitioner.
- Effectively provides prevention, early intervention and ongoing health education for panel, patient and family.
- Resolves patient concerns promptly.
- Participates in process of interviewing, selection, orientation and training of new team members.
- Participates emergency care as necessary and as directed by physician and registered nurse.
- Maintains department Quality Improvement standards.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Georgia or able to obtain prior to date of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association must be obtained prior to hire date.
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment.
- Health care experience preferred.
- Customer service aptitude demonstrated through Customer Service Assessment.
Primary Location: Georgia,Duluth,Gwinnett Medical Offices I 3650 Steve Reynolds Blv
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Sun - Sat/Varies
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: UFCW - Local 1996
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: Primary Care (Adults and Pediatrics)
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements