Project Manager II (MT 2071) Downey, CA
THIS JOB IS UNDER REVIEW BY TOTAL COMPENSATION AND AS A RESULT THE FLSA STATUS MAY CHANGE. Leads and provides expert technical leadership to highly visible, sensitive and multi-faceted projects. Responsible for setting strategic direction of projects and developing project plans. Provides high quality and cost effective project management, analytic support services and technical expertise for a broad array of issues. This is the second job in a three level Project Manager Ladder. At the second level, the Project Manager is responsible for leading projects of complex scope where analysis of data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Projects assigned are broad in scope and may involve multiple functional areas and/or span across service areas. Position will exercise judgment within generally defined practices/policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining results.
- Leads and provides expert technical leadership to highly visible, sensitive and multi-faceted projects.
- Sets strategic direction of projects.
- Develops project plans which identify key issues, problems, approaches, performance metrics and resources required.
- Designs processes to address identified problems.
- Establishes team membership and negotiates time commitments and resource allocation.
- Provides staff leadership to multi-disciplinary teams, as well as manages work of outside consultants.
- Motivates team members and facilitates team meetings.
- Acts as liaison, problem solver, and facilitator.
- Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms, and behaviors.
- Provides guidance to team on performance and productivity issues.
- Designs research plans for data gathering and analysis.
- Actively participates or may lead in analyzing data and developing recommendations and action plans.
- Accountable for the development of project documentation for senior executives and other key clients to facilitate sharing of project outcomes and best practices.
- Plans and facilitates meetings.
- Makes formal presentations to various senior level audiences.
- Establishes procedures regarding implementation of project outcome.
- Assesses project impact on workforce.
- May include developing training program for different levels of audiences.
- Establishes effective professional business relationships with all levels of management.
- Instructs and educates on all aspects of project.
- May develop and manage a department, including recruiting, coaching, performance evaluation of staff.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis.
- At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to re-evaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in specified technical area OR one (1) year of progressive experience in specified technical area and completion of Kaiser Permanente Southern California Postgraduate Fellowship in Health Care Administration.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care administration, operations research, public health administration, or other related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated ability to determine key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Effective leadership, project management, and consulting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Project management experience in health care preferred.
- Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Clinical licenses (RN, MD, etc.) strongly preferred.
Primary Location: California,Downey,Downey Boeing - Independence Park 12254 Bellflower
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun,
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Consulting Services / Project/Program Management (Non IT)
Public Department Name: NPPS-Rx OP Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements