Supervisor Administrative Services (KN 1224) Downey, CA
Directs and supervises two or more distinct groups of non-exempt and/or entry level exempt employees engaged in administrative/processing/support activities in separate functional areas. Supervises the day-to-day activities in accordance with applicable regulations and cost containment efforts. Conducts analyses and produces management reports. Identifies, coordinates and implements projects/programs to improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of operations. Provides support and advice to management.
- Supervises daily operations and actively assists and provides direction to subordinates as required.
- May perform, especially in staff or professional groups, ongoing operational tasks of organizational units.
- Provides human resources support including managing the hiring, salary determination and competency assessment processes.
- Coordinates multiple projects, orchestrates meetings, develops timelines.
- Ensures projects are completed on schedule following established procedures and schedules.
- Promotes a team environment and provides work direction and guidance including coaching, professional development and training.
- Resolves grievances. Assists manager with development of short and long-range departmental goals and objectives.
- Administers budgets to meet the fiscal goals for capital, payroll and non-payroll expenses; performs financial and staffing analysis.
- Produces management information reports.
- Reviews department/unit/area performance to ensure quality and/or quantity goals are met to include business and financial aspects.
- Develops operating and customer service procedures. Serves as a liaison between management, other departments, subordinates and/or members.
- Resolves problems and complaints from client departments, other managers and/or members.
- Ensures compliance with department/organization policies/procedures.
- Conducts training sessions for professional development, systems training and train-the-trainer program.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience supervising a multi-disciplinary staff of non-exempt and entry level exempt employees.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience and knowledge of procedures/policies/regulations in a specific functional area.
- Proficient in a variety of software applications.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, use time management skills and independent judgment.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities; team player, tactful and diplomatic.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills required to communicate effectively with all levels of management internal/external.
- Experience conducting training programs.
- Experience with budget management.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Inventory experience preferred
- PR# KN-1224.
Primary Location: California,Downey,Downey Service Center 9521 Dalen St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Job: Administration, Clerical and Support Services
Public Department Name: Central Refill Pharmacy
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements