Service Unit Assistant Department Manager Primary Care Clinic Davis, CA
Assists in managing a large unit or multiple units providing ambulatory services. Ensures staff provides high quality, accessible, cost effective care, and patient focused services to members across the continuum, which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Implements and maintains clinical practice standards, budgets, and staff development.
- Supervises the operations of a single or multiple units. Ensures staff provides the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Collaborates with physician team leader, department chief, and nursing manager in developing the level of patient services and the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Implements and maintains patient care and quality service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Recommends and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Assists in developing and monitoring budgets and resource allocations. Monitors financial performance and identifies and recommends strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Assists in managing and resolving human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff.
- Assists in providing on going staff development. Implements and monitors departmental policies and procedures which support the organizations goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or health related field, OR four (4) years of nursing experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Current California RN license required.
- BLS certification required.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Previous nursing experience in outpatient care.
- Clinical specialization in area of practice preferred.
Primary Location: California,Davis,Davis Medical Offices 1955 Cowell Blvd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: Medical Office Administration
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements