Senior Health Educator (Lactation) Daly City, CA
Provides high quality and cost effective project management, consulting, or technical expertise in a specific area of health education. Develops and implements local and region wide integration of health education programs, services and systems which may bridge multiple departments or facilities. Manages complex health education services, promoting the continuum of care.
- Consults with physicians and staff to promote and integrate high quality, evidence-based approaches to health education services in the clinical setting. Manages a variety of health education services, including establishing effective referral systems and marketing, monitoring quality documentation and reporting, and facilitating use of community services.
- Conducts needs assessments, designs, implements, and evaluates health education programs including integration into technology based modalities (such as webinars, video visits) to provide quality and cost-effective health education services. Participates in establishing department strategic goals and priorities.
- Recruits, hires, evaluates, and supervises health education staff. Develops and recommends high quality, culturally appropriate health education materials, tools and services, and integrates these within the clinical setting.
- May provide group or one-to-one health education services to members and the community. May develop and monitor project budgets. Prepares grants, proposals, and financial reports as required.
- Specializes in a specific area of health education (e.g., HIV, nutrition, behavioral health, chronic disease, health promotion) as required. Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two (2) years of directly related work experience in health education.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in design and coordination of health education services.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience leading/consulting with multiple stakeholders for colloborative problem solving, decision making and evaluation.
- Master's degree in public or community health, behavioral sciences, or related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavior change, adult learning, group process theory and their applications.
- Demonstrated competency in applying evidence-based approaches to program planning, development, integration into care & evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to apply cultural competence and health literacy to projects or programs for diverse communities.
- Project mangement experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of PC applications - presentation, document and analytical software programs.
- Familiar with using social media.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience in managing staff and budget management preferred.
Newborn Care Center. Must have minimum of Certified Lactation Educator. Prefer IBCLC.
Primary Location: California,Daly City,Daly City Medical Offices 395 Hickey Blvd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 24
Working Days: Mon. Tues., Wed., Thurs., Fri.
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Job: Education / Training
Public Department Name: Pediatrics Newborn Care Center
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements