Psychiatric Social Worker LCSW Adult Psychiatry Cupertino, CA
Provides assessment, diagnosis, treatment and crisis intervention as needed to members who present themselves for psychiatric evaluation. Collaborates with treating physician, psychiatric and allied health professional team to plan and direct each individual member's treatment program.
- Assesses, develops and coordinates a clinical treatment program for Health Plan members with acute or chronic psychiatric disorders.Consults with staff regarding diagnosis, strengths and deficits of member, as needed or appropriate.
- Provides outpatient psychotherapy to individuals and groups.Charts member's treatments and progress in accordance with state regulations and department procedures.Instructs and counsels members regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens.Interprets psychiatric treatment to member's family and helps to reduce fear and other attitudes obstructing acceptance of psychiatric care and continuation of treatment if asked to do so by member.
- Makes referrals to case manager, as appropriate, and/or refers member's family to community support services and resources.Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of members.
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating members for psychotropic medications.May supervise PSW Assistants and PSW Interns, if supervision course has been completed.
- Works on-call evenings, weekends & holidays, assuming primary responsibility for emergency psychiatric care and acting as consultant to emergency department physicians and staff.Reports safety concerns to mandated reporting agencies.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: May supervise PSW Assistants and PSW Interns if supervision course completed.
- Outpatient Psychiatric Social Worker- Has experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating a broad range of psychiatric conditions.
- Master's degree in Social Work required from an accredited college or university.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid Licensed Clinical Social Worker license in the State of California.
- Must be familiar with DMS-IV-R as a means of diagnosis.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations, and professional board standards as is related to member treatment, patient rights, and member/patient confidentiality.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) or obtain NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Inpatient Psychiatric Social Worker - Working in an inpatient setting, a minimum of three (3) years post licensure experience in acute inpatient psychiatric settings and with the use of psychosocial assessment and psychotherapeutic methods and measures in a hospital, clinic or agency preferred.
- Previous clinical responsibility to include crisis intervention, individual and group psychotherapy preferred.
Primary Location: California,Cupertino,Santa Clara Tantau Medical Offices 19000 Homestead
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Scheduled days and hours are dependent on departmental needs and may include holidays and weekends
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: NUHW
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Behavioral / Mental Health
Public Department Name: Adult Psychiatry
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements