Laboratory Assistant II Grade 365 Clovis, CA
Under the direction and oversight of the Laboratory Director and Laboratory Manager, or designee, within the scope of Unlicensed Laboratory Personnel as described in B&PC 1269, receives and processes specimens, performs clerical tasks and performs phlebotomy. May operate automated or semi-automated test equipment, or plate and process microbiology specimens under the direct and constant supervision of a licensed person, as authorized by the California lab law.
- Draws blood from patient's finger, heel, or vein, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood samples.
- Obtains the correct amount and type of specimen.
- Documents all requests and released results of lab work accurately.
- Informs physicians of released lab results.
- Completes appropriate routing, handling, and processing of various medical specimens.
- Orders, distributes and stocks supplies as needed.
- Trains and reports on the work performance of other Laboratory Assistants.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- California Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT).
- Must be able to perform all Laboratory Assistant I duties.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also, refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Primary Location: California,Clovis,Clovis Medical Offices 2071 E. Herndon Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 0
Working Days: On-Call
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: United Healthcare Workers - West
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Public Department Name: Pathology/Lab-Clinical Lab
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements