NP\PA Gastroenterology (Sunnybrook) Sign on bonus! Clackamas, OR
Provide high quality gastroenterology care to Kaiser Permanente members in a cost effective manner and in accordance with accepted professional practice standards, in collaboration with other health care providers.
- At time of hire, able to do history & physical exams, order diagnostic tests and discharge from ACU.
- In the future, and after orientation/training, will provide GI call coverage with physician on regular department rotation.
- Provide gastroenterology consultative care for hospitalized patients during weekdays and/or weekends.
- At time of hire, assessing the physical, developmental, and psychosocial health status of patients through the collection of health data such as comprehensive history taking, physical examination, initiation and interpretation of laboratory tests and other diagnostic tools.
- Diagnosing and managing acute episodic health problems, as well as chronic health problems; prescribing medication and ordering other non-pharmacological therapies; assisting patients to maintain current level of health and prevent further illness through health screening, identification of risk factors, and counseling.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Graduate of ANA approved N.P. or AMA approved P.A. training program or equivalent.
License, Certification, Registration
- P.A.: Oregon and Washington State Medical license + prescribing registration as required, at time of time of hire.
- N.P.: Oregon and Washington State RN&NP license NP + prescribing registration as required, at time of hire.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to employment start date.
- Thorough knowledge of gastrointestinal diseases and their medical/procedural treatment.
- Working knowledge of state health laws, licensing board regulations and controlled substance regulations. Important to know limitations and when to refer patients to the Gastroenterologist.
- Ability to assess, diagnose and plan effective treatment for gastrointestinal diseases for inpatients and outpatients.
Primary Location: Oregon,Clackamas,Sunnybrook Medical Offices 9900 SE Sunnyside Rd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 36
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: OFNHP - Professionals
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Patient Care Services (Non RN)
Public Department Name: Gastroenterology
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements