Materials Coordinator Clackamas, OR
Under indirect supervision, the Materials Coordinator facilitates all aspects of material management services. Supports the delivery of patient care by providing cost-effective, timely procurement and acquisition of all supplies and services in support of national standards and internal policies and procedures.
- Perform inventory analysis to manage company assets by calculating usage data to establish and maintain adequate inventory levels of all supplies needed to support facility operations. Conduct inventory as scheduled; order, receive internal/direct deliveries and put away supplies.
- Resolve receiving discrepancies with strategic sourcing or vendor as appropriate.
- Provide product information using national agreements.
- Determine most cost effective and expedient method of acquisition.
- Place orders directly with the vendor and/or through automated systems using established process.
- Conduct routine status checks on open orders and update customers as needed.
- Arrange for delivery of supplies using internal or external resources and addressing need in the time frame required.
- Prepare and process appropriate paperwork ensuring general ledger account codes and expenditure authorization limits are accurate and completed within the required timeframe.
- Maintain all records in accordance with standard policy and procedures; ensure compliance standards are met.
- Partner with customers to assist and make recommendations for process improvements that will continue to support their changing needs.
- Act as Materials Management representative to determine how to cost-effectively satisfy customer requirements, negotiate process and cost of inventory addition.
- Inform and educate customers regarding national and regional standards.
- Negotiate with and determine customer requirements, provide pricing and information using National agreements or research with local Strategic Sourcing.
- Meet with facility administration, department heads and team leaders to discuss clinic operations, budgetary concerns and inventory management.
- Provide technical assistance for start-up for new departments, new facilities or moves.
- Answer, investigate, and resolve customer inquiries in person and via telephone.
- Coordinate procurement of repairs for equipment and instruments via assigned vendor or purchasing.
- Select appropriate shipper and arrange loaner and handling, notify and inform customer of action taken, follow up to insure timeframes are met.
- Inform customer of cost of replacement versus estimate of repair to determine appropriate action.
- If loaner equipment needed, arrange for replacement ensuring required timeframe and customer requirements are met.
- Arrange for return to vendor, prepare appropriate paperwork.
- Handle product recalls, process returns, coordinate on-site product and equipment evaluations.
- Perform PCard purchases, reconcile statement and obtain appropriate approvals within policy guidelines.
- Establish and maintain accurate system records that allow systematic replenishment of perpetual inventory.
- Participate in training of Materials employees.
- May train and assist customers on computer procurement system.
- Assure proper utilization of company assets and lowering program costs by recycling supplies, equipment and furniture to other facilities throughout the region and ESP.
- Perform additional duties as requested consistent with the job description.
- Two (2) years of inventory control experience.
- One (1) year of materials management experience.
- One (1) year of customer service experience.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Ability to type minimum 40 wpm with above average accuracy.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software (e.g., MS Word, Excel, Outlook) and other work related tools (e.g., fax, copier, scanner, multi-line phone system, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a busy environment with frequent interruptions and time demands.
- Demonstrated courtesy, helpfulness and respect in dealing with customers.
- Effective time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively (both written and oral) with internal and external customers.
- Ability to stoop, bend and reach in relation to plant inventory management.
- Ability to lift up to 65 lbs and use materials handling equipment.
- Willingness to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Supply management experience in a hospital environment or ambulatory care setting preferred.
- Two (2) years of purchasing / materials management experience preferred.
- Associate’s degree.
- Medical terminology.
- Medical Supply familiarity.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements