Manager Ambulatory Care Dept RN Family Medicine Lancaster, CA
Manages a single department or multiple small departments providing ambulatory patient care services. Ensures staff provides high quality, accessible, cost effective care, and patient focused services to members across the continuum which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Develops and maintains clinical and nursing practice standards, budgets, and staff development. Manages the planning, development, implementation, delivery, and evaluation/improvement of quality out-patient/nursing services that add value and are integrated with nursing standards of practice, service priorities, and performance/outcome measures, as well as with strategic, business, and organizational goals/objectives.
- Manages the delivery of nursing services and out-patient care which are integrated with business plans and meet or exceed cost, quality, clinical, and utilization standards and performance measures.
- Ensures that services meet members' physicians' and internal clients' needs in a changing and competitive health care market.
- Manages, coordinates service delivery and/or programs assigned to assistant manager(s).
- With SCPMG staff develops strategic/business plans to achieve integrated services across the continuum of care.
- Manages and ensures continuous improvement of all clinical practices, services, and operations by designing and implementing systems, processes, and methods to evaluate and improve patient care across the continuum of care.
- Ensures Assistants and staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, NCQA, TJC, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care providers in establishing, implementing, maintaining, and evaluating/improving patient care and quality service standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations.
- Acts as a patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Develops and manages budgets and resource allocations.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff.
- Provides on going staff development.
- Develops, implements and monitors departmental policies and procedures which support the organization's goals/business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Collaborates with Physician Team Leader and Department Chief in developing the level of patient services and the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience or other related clinical area experienceORminimum one (1) year as an Assistant Manager of Ambulatory Care (i.e. ADA RN, JC 06066 or Non RN, JC 06020)ORcompletion of Kaiser Permanente Southern California Postgraduate Fellowship in Health Care Administration and one (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- A current incumbent in job code 06060 (Manager Ambulatory Care Dept RN)
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
-BLS certification required.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, TJC, and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; knowledge of ambulatory care practices/operations/issues.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Clinical specialization in area of practice preferred.
Primary Location: California,Lancaster,Lancaster Medical Offices 43112 N. 15th St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: Family Medicine
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements