Contributions Operations Specialist San Leandro, CA
Under limited direction, provides support to managers engaged in making or operationalizing contributions under Kaiser Permanente's national contributions policy. Responsible for carrying out all activities ensuring compliance with the priorities of Community Benefit and Community Relations, policies related to legislative and regulatory requirements and internal organizational policies.
- Assists managers and others engaged in making contributions in the region and local areas to comply with all internal and external policies, rules and regulations related to the contributions process. This includes managing incoming contribution requests, obtaining all required information, entering and maintaining accurate data in the national data base, and performing regular reconciliation of data entries to the general ledger in accordance with an established schedule.
- Coordinates administrative workflow related to the contributions process in the region and local areas, including development of materials for consideration by contributions committees, tracking and recording outcomes of decisions made by contributions committees, and efficiently processing contributions to ensure timely and compliant receipt of funding by recipient organizations.
- Manages grant files, routine communication with grantees, and processes to support the regional and local contributions program. Responds to requests for information and assistance in the contributions process, including coordinating as needed with outside entities.
- Coordinates small projects independently; produces deliverables and coordinates with other stakeholders; and recommends new processes as needed.
- Coordinates with Public Affairs colleagues, including Communications, Media, Community Relations, and Government Relations, at the facility, area, and regional levels.
- Assists managers with various other activities, including but not limited to arrangements for meetings, travel, and special events; printing and production of promotional materials; and coordination with internal and external parties.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in community relations, community health, communications and/or public relations.
- Bachelor's degree in health care administration, public health, social work, public policy or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Manages resources and coordinates across areas and cross functionally.
- Develops and executes collaborative arrangements between departments or organizations on behalf of Kaiser Permanente.
- Demonstrates participatory style, high energy, and a bias for action, with excellent judgment.
- Facilitates groups effectively.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience with oversight of large, complicated budget and fiscal management.
- Master's degree preferred.
Primary Location: California,San Leandro,San Leandro Medical Center 2500 Merced St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: External Affairs / Relations
Public Department Name: CB Admin & Operation
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements