Health Educator I\II PD Orange, CA
Assesses, designs, implements, presents, and evaluates health education programs and services.
- Conducts needs assessments, establishes priorities, designs, implements, and evaluates basic health education programs, protocols, and standards.
- Coordinates a wide range of health education services, including establishing effective referral and publicity systems, monitoring quality and documentation, providing scheduling and logistical support, and facilitating use of community services to promote the delivery
of cost effective health education services.
- Provides direct group or one-on-one health education services to members and the public.
- Reviews, develops, and recommends high quality, culturally appropriate written and audio visual health education materials.
- Consults with physicians and staff regarding related health education services.
- Coordinates health information projects such as program catalogs, newsletter, informational displays and community health events.
- Specializes in a specific area of health education (e.g. HIV nutrition, chronic disease, health promotion) as required.
- Prepares reports, grants, proposals, and documentation as ssigned.
- Participates in establishing department strategic goals and priorities.
- If Medical Nutrition Therapy is performed, under California Law, this will be performed by only a Registered Dietitian.
- If the position requires a Registered Dietitian then this section applies: Individual Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT): Provides high quality, evidence-based, efficient, customer-focused MNT, including nutrition screening, assessment, care planning and education for appropriate nutrition intervention.
- Develops, implements and monitors ongoing plan of care based on the screening and assessment of the patient specific nutrition care plans/education and based on the patient's age, nutrition and psychosocial status, diagnosis, cultural background and religious affiliation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in providing and coordinating health education services (usually one (1) year).
- If position requires the candidate to be a Registered Dietitian, then the following applies: Must be a Registered Dietitian (RD), as confirmed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Pre-RDs may be considered if: candidate has completed the Supervised Practice Program (SPP) for RDs, AND not more than six (6) months has passed since completing the SPP, AND candidate has not previously failed the RD registration exam, AND candidate must become a RD within six (6) months of completing the SPP to comply with California Law.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in health education required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Previous experience in curriculum development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavior change, adult learning theory, group process theory and application.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of PC applications required.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of mainframe and personal computing systems.
- Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal, written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership Environment.
- Two (2) years of recent teaching/program planning.
- Previous experience in providing and coordinating health education services.
- PC skills Previous individual, small group and large group/classroom training/teaching experience.
- Knowledge of behavior change, adult learning theory.
- Curriculum and materials development.
- Demonstrated ability to use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- May be filled at Health Educator I or II level.
- Will teach weight management and other classes as assigned.
- Must be willing to travel throughout Kaiser Orange County locations, and teach a minimum of two evenings a week plus Saturdays as assigned.
Primary Location: California,Orange,Orange Health Pavilion 200 N. Lewis Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 0
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Schedule: Per Diem
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: NUHW
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Education / Training
Public Department Name: Center for Healthy Living
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements