Sr Forecasting Specialist HR Service Contact Center Alameda, CA
The Sr. Forecasting Specialist is responsible to ensure client/customer goals are met by analyzing work volume variances to forecast and provide direction to adjust scheduling/staffing levels accordingly. Accountable for producing accurate annual, quarterly, monthly and daily volume and staffing forecasts for all lines of business of each of the National HR Service Center (NHRSC). Responsible for adjusting historical intraday interval performance spikes and dips, caused by planned or unplanned events and technology outages, to generate accurate forecasts. Generates reports to use in analysis of volume forecasts and budget FTE planning for existing and new lines of business. Conduct analysis using data & information from various applications and systems, manipulating data in spreadsheets and identifying and researching anomalies and presenting results. Responsible for providing explanations when call volume, service levels, average handle time are outside parameters for goals. Oversee, maintain and update the workforce management tool utilized for forecasting and scheduling. Monitors service levels and directs real-time forecasting to meet service levels. May require independent judgment to provide solutions. Oversee team of Forecast Specialists (up to 6 specialists). Provides advice to management on the most efficient and cost effective strategies to deliver on service level agreements.
- Performs statistical analysis. Collect, validate and analyze call center data, to build accurate annual, quarterly, monthly and daily forecasts for staffing, call volume, email, faxes, etc. using valid historical patterns, drivers and events modeling, using workforce management forecasting software, other analytic tools and spreadsheets where appropriate. Forecasts for future contact volumes and average handling times to form the basis for agent schedules, vacation plans and long term strategic plans.
- Create forecasts to allow calls to be shared across multiple sites / regions.
- Analyze call center performance and review actual results against company objectives, campaigns and assumptions. Provide regular feedback to Senior Leadership and chart recommendations and changes as required. Perform actual vs. forecast variance analysis.
- Create a long-term staffing model for capacity planning to determine future growth needs. Partner with Senior Leadership to determine capacity requirements and constraints across facilities. Review forecast model and staffing plans on a regular basis for data validation and address any changing operational needs or business rules.
- Oversee, maintain and update the workforce management tool with statistical data (i.e. volume distribution, call handle time distribution, shrinkages, forecasting and scheduling scenarios) to ensure accurate forecasts and administer individual access rights.
- Serve as the workforce management subject matter expert for other departments, internal customers and workforce management team members. Assist with training of staff on Workforce Management policies and procedures.
- Manage team of Forecast Specialists in all Forecasting activities.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in forecasting and analysis including three (3) years of leading a team or leading project teams and delegating work which could include matrix management.
- Bachelor's degree or four (4) years of experience in a directly related field such contact center work experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Experience forecasting for a multi-site contact center.
- Experience in a National or International multi-site, multi-business process environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of management and have a close relationship with finance team.
- Strong problem solving skills that enable quick identification and efficient resolution of issues.
- Knowledge of queuing theories and workforce forecasting and scheduling (eg; eWFM, Verint/Blue Pumpkin), computer telephony integration (CTI), interactive voice response (IVR) units, and automatic call distribution (ACD).
- Experience using mainframe or personal computers and Microsoft Office applications.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required and as assigned by their Manager.
- Overtime may be required based on project requirements/demands.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel and have ability to create macros, must be proficient in MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a remote team environment across sites.
- Minimum nine (9) years previous experience with forecasting and analysis utilizing Aspect/eWFM, TCS, Verint/Blue Pumpkin, or related software.
- Experience with database and or data manipulation.
- Experience forecasting in a skills based routing environment.
Primary Location: California,Alameda,Human Resource Service Center 1451 Harbor Bay Pkwy
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Customer Services
Public Department Name: Business Operations and Support Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements