Optical Dispenser Bellflower, CA
Under direct supervision, measures patient facial features, adjusts eyeglass frames, and assists patients in selecting optical
items to conform to corresponding optical prescriptions and established procedures.
- Patient Procedures and Activities: Assemble patient education materials.
- Assist provider in patient examinations and procedures.
- Consult with provider concerning procedures and patient condition.
- Complete patient forms and records.
- Laboratories: Clean work area.
- Attach temples to frames.
- Cut lenses to specified size and shape.
- Fit finished lenses into frames.
- Handle computer printouts.
- Inspect lenses and eyeglasses to verify correct processing of prescription.
- Investigate lost, misplaced or incorrectly filled prescription orders.
- Package eyeglasses in containers for courier pick up.
- Refine shape of lenses by smoothing edges.
- Adjust patient eyeglass frames.
- Assist patient in selecting optical items.
- Examine eyeglasses from laboratory.
- Make minor repairs and adjustments to eyeglasses.
- Maintain optical supplies.
- Measure patient facial features.
- Receive and ship finished eyeglasses.
- Materials and Supplies: Fill request for equipment and supplies.
- Maintain and order supplies.
- Maintain records of material usage/inventory levels.
- Clear paper jams and performs routine maintenance.
- Operate copier equipment.
- Administrative and other:
- Collect and compile cumulative data and statistics.
- Maintain department logs.
- Answer telephones and take messages.
- Orient and train new or less experienced personnel.
- Serve as resource person to co-workers by answering procedural questions and assisting in problem solving.
- Locate personnel by paging system or beeper.
- Attend conferences, meetings and in-service training programs.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Assists members with the selection of frames and lenses.
- Takes orders for eyewear and miscellaneous optical items.
- Dispenses and adjusts eyewear and Ophthamalic appliances, making minor repairs as required.
- Takes facial measurements of members to fit eyewear needs.
- Provides members with information regarding eyewear, product options and eyewear services.
- Manages and resolves member eyewear complaints.
- Creates and maintains neat, attractive and sales effective frame displays.
- Maintains departmental supplies including but not limited to frame inventory, eyeglass cases, tools and equipment for daily operations.
- Returns re-called frames/optical items by specified due dates.
- Inspects eyeglasses to insure conformance with prescribed/ordered specifications.
- Processes jobs in bench room.
- Contacts members, optical lab and clinics concerning eyewear orders and prescriptions.
- Determines member vision eligibility and benefits.
- Attends staff meetings and training s as required, maintaining current knowledge of all computer systems designated for the operation of the department.
- Establishes and maintain courteous, cooperative relations when interacting with other personnel, Health Plan members, and the public.
- May perform other duties as required.
Pay Grade: 24
- One (1) year of recent full-time optical dispensing experience which may include complete optical lab bench room work.
- High school diploma/ GED.
- Current knowledge of optical theory, practices and lab techniques-interpretation of prescription lenses/ products available and entire eyewear fabrication process including measure, fit, adjust and repair.
- Certificate of completion in Optical Dispensing from an accredited Ophthalmic Optics school.
- ABO Certification.
- Must be able to travel to Whittier -Cudahy and off site locations.
- This is an on call position, days and hours may vary according to departmental need
Primary Location: California,Bellflower,Rosecrans Optical 9333 Rosecrans Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 0
Working Days: Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: United Healthcare Workers - West
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Patient Care Services (Non RN)
Public Department Name: Vision Essentials
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements