Spec Eyecare Support (Beaverton) 40 hours Beaverton, OR
Provide clerical support and administrative services to dispensing opticians, optometrists, ophthalmologists and contact lens technicians in arranging for and providing ophthalmic care to members in a manner that supports organizational goals and establishes quality of care and service behavior standards and projects a professional image of Eye Care Services to Kaiser Permanente Health Plan members.
- Collect, secure and account for fees and monies and assure the secure and accurate maintenance of cash funds according to established cash control policies and procedures. Using both automated and manual systems perform cashiering duties for optical dispensing, optometry, ophthalmology, and contact lens departments including handling of large cash deposits. Compile and process, verify and forward accurate statistical data on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis using manual and automated systems, i.e., balancing deposits to POS printout and month-end, non-delivered eyeglass inventory. Check in members for scheduled appointments, as applicable, following established Business Office Services procedures.
- Register members for Optical Dispensing and Contact Lens Dispensing services (Optometry and Ophthalmology services as needed). Determine and ensure proper application of all member vision benefit plans. Answer calls on multiple-line phones. Transfer, as appropriate, to other departments (Contact Lens, Ophthalmology, Optometry, Advice, etc.). Respond to members' questions regarding benefits, status of orders, appointments, etc. As needed, schedule appointments through HealthConnect for Optometry and Contact Lens following established appointing protocols. Assist members with their ophthalmic needs (provider availability, pricing information, etc.) in a positive and professional manner. Retrieve member Rx and billing information and fax or phone to outside optical centers, insurance companies, COB, Industrial Claims, and other Kaiser optical centers within our region as well as other regions. Be able to properly read Rx information both from the written Rx and from the order, including lens type and lens material.
- Coordinate with the Optical Lab and other optical offices to ensure the timely, accurate processing of optical orders and application of vision benefit allowances. Transmit and monitor optical orders using the POS computer system. Follow up to ensure the timeliness of optical orders requiring special handling, i.e., emergency and late optical orders. Field all calls from the Optical Lab with questions concerning orders and resolve the questions or direct the question to the proper optician.
- Assist in retail merchandising activities by ordering, pricing, cleaning, stocking items, and advising members of supplemental optical products and services, warranty programs and multiple pair discount opportunities in order to increase supplemental optical revenue. ssist in training of new employees, modeling correct work ethics, guidance and coaching. Aid and assist new employees with cash handling and balancing endof- day receipts. Assist in familiarizing new employees with policies, procedures and multiple computer systems. erform other duties as requested.
- One to two (1-2) years of experience in cashiering and customer service.
License, Certification, Registration
- Working knowledge of basic cashiering principles, including ability to reconcile daily deposits when necessary.
- Familiarity with personal computers.
- Demonstrates customer-focused service skills.
- Must have demonstrated effective interpersonal and human relations skills.
- Computer keyboarding skills and ability to quickly learn to operate multiple computer systems in a multi-user environment.
- Able to operate standard office equipment, including 10-key calculator.
- Able to work in a high-volume department and prioritize multiple assigned tasks.
- Able to respond effectively to requests from members/patients, providers, and other coworkers.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge and skills in effective communications, customer relations, typing, cashiering, and computer operations.
- One to two (1-2) years of demonstrated work experience as an optical support specialist in a medical office or related business.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in cashiering and customer service.
- Thorough knowledge of Kaiser Permanente organization structure, policies, and procedures, in particular, as it relates to the Eye Care Services program.
- Principles of cash control and security.
- Basic accounting or bookkeeping.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship between the reception area and Optical Dispensing, Optometry, Ophthalmology, Contact Lens Services, to ensure delivery of an effective and high quality Eye Care Services program.
- Basic micro computer applications (spreadsheets and word processing).
- Typing and 10-key by touch.
Primary Location: Oregon,Beaverton,Beaverton Medical/Dental Offices 4855 SW Western A
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat: Variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: OFNHP - Technical
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Optical Services
Public Department Name: Vision Essentials
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements