LVN I Bakersfield, CA
Licensed Vocational Nurses are licensed health professionals who perform patient care, technical, and supportive services under general supervision in a medical office or clinical setting. The LVN supports the philosophy and complies with the protocols, policies, and procedures of the Organization and the assigned Medical Office Department.
- Assist medical personnel with special procedures, minor surgical procedures and/or diagnostic exams.
- Assess and monitor patients' condition and notify physician/health care professional for disposition.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by physician order, following established protocols.
- Maintain equipment and supplies. Identify and arrange for equipment needing repair. Apply principles of aseptic technique and infection control as directed by the Infection Control Manual.
- Monitor patient flow and assign/direct other ancillary personnel as needed.
- Provide medical information and education to patients, following established protocols and guidelines.
- Document pertinent patient information, assessment and nursing procedures, following established protocols.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Explain purpose and process of examinations, tests and medical procedures to patients, following established guidelines.
- Instruct patients on general health and basic self care procedures.
- Execute treatments such as urinary catheterization, bladder irrigations, suction procedures and throat irrigations.
- Initiate emergency procedures (including basic CPR) and provide emergency patient treatments.
- Answer member inquires, observe patient condition for reactions during and after procedures, remove sutures following established protocols, respond to Code Blues, take and record patient vital signs, height, weight, etc., obtain specimens from patients (urine, stool, etc.), perform venipuncture and finger sticks to obtain blood samples, prepare specimens and specimens for lab analysis, perform urine tests (tablet or dipstick.)
- Request charts/medical records, schedule, cancel and reschedule patient appointments, initiate follow up appointments with patients, check in patients/members, prepare outgoing mail, locate personnel by paging system or beeper, provide patient information to family members, following patient confidentiality guidelines, record and send Fax's, screen patient calls and take messages for providers.
- Maintain department logs, maintain and update user manuals, monitor and maintain protocol manuals, respond to requests for information, order medical supplies and equipment, receive, store and distribute materials and supplies, replenish linen. .
- Serve as resource to coworkers by answering procedure questions and assisting in problem solving, participate in special projects and studies, demonstrate safety procedures, coordinate and monitor activities within the module, function as team leader, participate in department meetings, train and orient new staff to equipment, general duties and procedures, following established protocols.
- Maintain proficiency in clinical skills, answer call lights, answer telephones and take messages, call in telephone prescriptions, following established protocols, and assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse license required.
- Basic Life Support required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support required within six months of hire.
- Computer and typing skills preferred.
-Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
-This is a full-time position in the Pediatrics department at the 8800 Ming Ave MOB.
-Shift times/days subject to change based on operational /department needs.
-May float to other departments within the MOB.
Primary Location: California,Bakersfield,Ming Medical Offices 8800 Ming Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: UFCW - Local 770
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: Pediatrics
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements