Sales Associate II Aurora, CO
Accountable for supporting the Sales Executive/Brokers in achieving business targets in an assigned territory. Facilitate various sales processes for the sales team. Partner with Sales Executive throughout the sales cycle to achieve new sales targets. Review and process all incoming leads, manage the appointment setting process, and assist the Sales Manager/Sales Executive with pre/post sales support. Provide high quality customer experience to prospective customers/employers or other channel partners.
- Review, qualify and process all incoming business opportunities.
- Organize incoming new business opportunity information.
- Organize the RFP information for Sales Executive review and discussion.
- Collaborate with Sales Executive regarding appropriate products and plan design.
- Submit/Oversee quotation request to Underwriting.
- Act as liaison between Sales Executive and Underwriting regarding any additional data needed from broker/client.
- Follow up with broker for timely submission of additional information.
- Analyze the group profile, demographics, etc. in order to calculate premium rates.
- Calculate premium rates relating to the multiple factors used by the rating formula provided by actuaries or obtain rater calculations from Underwriting, if applicable.
- Prepare Proposal Packet for Sales Executive delivery to broker/client.
- Assist in identifying new group opportunities and helps the Sales Executive get the RFP in the door to quote.
- Maintain all sales databases and sales reports within the team's territory.
- Accurately update and maintain all prospects by group size, broker and renewal date.
- Accurately maintain all broker profiles in assigned territory.
- Accurately maintain and provide weekly updates to sales and account management of all sold groups and all prospects.
- Assist Sales Executive and brokers/customers with pre/post sales support and account implementation.
- Confirm sold plan design and rates with broker/customer in writing.
- Send Employer Group Application and appropriate forms to broker/customer and review for completeness.
- Coordinate employee meetings with broker/customer and Sales Executive or Account Manager.
- Send enrollment materials to customer.
- Coordinate with broker/customer to learn of enrollment results.
- Facilitate effective group installation with appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Conduct enrollment meetings on an as needed basis.
- Assist new members in transitioning of care into KP.
- Manage post group submission validation process.
- Respond in a timely manner to all internal departments and outside customers to demonstrate value and build commitment to KP Sales Organization.
- Close all loops of communication between internal departments and outside customers.
- Keep all appropriate staff and customers updated on progress.
- Demonstrate CSS skills with internal and external partners.
- Develop relationships with brokers and their support staff.
- Resolve issues that may jeopardize sales.
- Identifies service failure trends or process improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrate product, service and rating knowledge to effectively respond to broker/client issues.
- Stay abreast of competitor products and rating practices.
- Remain current on KP products and services.
- Participate in external and industry related events.
If Small Business Unit:
- Review and qualify all incoming group submissions.
- Prepare and submit group documentation to Quality Assurance and set up customer contract.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience telemarketing, customer service in an office setting, claims, or marketing.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in healthcare sales/service.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years of experience in telemarketing, customer service in an office setting, claims, or marketing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to issues.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Demonstrated experience in effective verbal and written communication and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with a high degree of accuracy with high volume work.
- Quick learner of key information.
- Excellent rapport building skills.
- Ability to take direction from multiple stakeholders.
- Collaborative work style.
- Colorado Life & Health insurance producer's license required within 90 days of hire date.
- If Occupational Health: No license requirements.
- One (1) year of experience in underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
- One (1) year of experience with employee group benefits.
- Previous specialized training in customer service skills and techniques.
Primary Location: Colorado,Aurora,Waterpark II 2530 S. Parker Rd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Sales and Marketing
Public Department Name: Large Group Sales
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements