Employee Relations\Labor Relations Consultant Aurora, CO
Provides counseling to supervisors on all labor relations and employment matters to include personnel policy, union contract and regulatory issues. Prepares grievance responses and EEO complaint responses. Prepares/ represents Employer at arbitrations.Conducts management training. Facilitates project teams. Collaborates with other HR leaders to ensure mutual support forachievement of People strategy goals. Accountable for creating a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. Maintains knowledge of and assures departmental and regional compliance with Kaiser Permanente's Principles of Responsibility and policies and procedures, and applicable regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
- Provides HR expertise, including advice and counsel, to a client group for all HR related Business Unit strategy development and execution, with emphasis on planning and facilitation of labor and employee relations efforts including workforce planning activities. Facilitates appropriate client group utilization of change management, design and project management services.
- Coordinates arbitrations and litigations with Professional Services and Legal; develops and implements a process to mitigate costs related to these issues. Conducts mediations and other problem resolution processes.
- Provides leadership to creating a HR strategy and operational plan which supports the clients' group strategy; supports and contributes to region and program wide human resource strategies, policies, programs and contracts.
- Actively supports the completion of HR department goals through effective teamwork with all HR staff.
- Represents the Employer in labor negotiations and grievance/arbitration matters.
- Actively supports the KP Union Partnership and models and reinforces the Partnership with every opportunity.
- Reviews regional employment policies and practices to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local labor and anti-discrimination laws. Engages subject matter/legal experts to assist with legal interpretation as needed.
- Maintain current information and knowledge of all applicable Kaiser policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations, and accreditation standards.
- Ensures that the training activities incorporate all applicable KP policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations, and accreditation standards.
- Minimum six (6) years of broad human resource generalist or employment law experience with a successful track record in increasingly responsible roles (e.g. Human Resource Consultant, etc.).
- Minimum three (3) years of progressively responsible employee relations experience, preferably working in a union environment.
- Minimum three (3) years in a leadership role in a complex organization required.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration with emphasis in human resources or labor relations or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Certified by the Human Resource Certification Institute OR eligible for certification within one (1) year of date of hire as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR).
- Demonstrated leadership proficiency in building an effective team, resolving conflict, project management and managing change efforts.
- Collaborative leadership style with proven ability to be flexible and deal with ambiguity and change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to manage in an environment with conflicting perspectives and needs.
- Ability to articulate and stand firm in his/her convictions when challenged or resisted.
- Previous experience and demonstrated ability to perform all intermediate level computer skills including Microsoft office suite software, HRIS and web applications preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
Primary Location: Colorado,Aurora,Waterpark I 2500 S. Havana St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Human Resources / HRIS
Public Department Name: Employee and Labor Relations
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements