Respiratory Therapist On Call Tysons Corner Medical Center McLean, VA
Under the supervision of, and in collaboration with a physician, provides evaluation, care, and treatment of patients with actual or anticipated dysfunction of the cardiopulmonary system.
- Responsible for patient evaluation through observation and monitoring of physical signs and symptoms, general behavior, and physical response to respiratory care procedures to ensure proper patient treatment. Communicates patients' results to physicians and Health Care Team (HCT).
- Transcribes and implements written or verbal orders pertaining to pulmonary function tests (PFTs). Administers prescribed medications for inhalation.
- Performs respiratory related tests and therapy treatments i.e. bronchial provocation challenge tests, pulmonary function tests and oxygen therapy according to procedures and prescribed therapies. Appropriately operates medical equipment for each test or procedure.
- Responsible for the accurate documentation of medical record procedures and interventions performed, patients' responses to procedures and interventions and medications administered.
- Prepares charts and test results for physician review and reports patients' responses to treatment to the physician.
- Communicates treatment plan to patients, responds to patients' questions and periodically follows up with patients to monitor ongoing therapy.
- Practices and adheres to safety precautions by maintaining equipment in good working order and following infection control policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Minimum one (1) year of respiratory therapy experience is required.
- Two (2) year degree from an accredited school of respiratory therapy required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current CPR Certification required.
- National registration/certification as a respiratory therapist is required.
- Applicable state license required.
- Enrollment in PECOS required.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge appropriate to care setting.
- Uses equipment and information systems appropriately.
- In order to work effectively with patients, must have effective interpersonal and communication skills and be able to stand, walk, bend, lift at least 50 pounds, hear, speak, and see.
Primary Location: Virginia,McLean,Tyson's Corner Medical Center 8008 Westpark Dr.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 1
Working Days: Mon - Fri, Variable Days
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Temporary
Employee Group: OPEIU - Local 2
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Rehab Services
Public Department Name: Pulmonary
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements