Med Social Worker II\III Lancaster, CA
Provides assessment, coordination, & implementation/ evaluation of professional social services to patients & their families in order to aid them in coping w/ social, emotional, & economic difficulties related to medical problems or which predispose to illness. This classification is distinguished from the Medical Social Worker I by its responsibility to treating the more difficult & complex cases such as but not limited to crisis intervention & behavior modification.
- Provides quality counseling services by assessing patient/ family system needs, then developing & implementing treatment plans in accordance w/ departmental & medical center policies.
- Provides quality counseling services by assessing patient/ family system needs, then developing & implementing treatment plans in accordance w/ departmental & medical center policies, & in compliance w/ the standards of the social work profession. Quality of clinical services is indicated by QM findings, case presentations, documentation review, staff & patient feedback & supervisory discussions
- Performs a bio-psychosocial assessment interview w/ patient, family, &/or significant other according to department policy & standards
- Provides appropriate crises intervention/treatment to adults, children & families in emergent situations including assessment, counseling, information/referral & providing consultation to physicians & healthcare team. Provides a professional interpretation of patient's condition (i.e., situation, affect, behavior & verbal content) & recommends appropriate psycho-social intervention(s) &/or treatment plan.
- Develops culturally sensitive assessment that reflects departmental standards & includes: reasons for referral; source of referral; informant name; physical/medical issues; interpersonal & social relations; emotional/psychiatric/adjustment issues including assessment of depression; role performance/social transition; community planning/resources (as indicated); legal/protective issues (as indicated)
- Provides appropriate counseling services to patients &/or family based on clinical assessment & consistent w/ patient's on-going medical condition/needs
- Provides patient education on subjects related to psycho-social adjustment to medical illness, individually, in classes or groups
- Assessment demonstrates ability to interpret the social, emotional & behavioral problems/elements as they relate to the patient's medical condition & treatment
- Demonstrates the integration of clinical social work theory into practice by appropriately utilizing clinical knowledge of bio-psychosocial development stages, personality development, human behavior, etc., to formulate assessment, direct treatment, & provide consultation & education to other team members. This includes integration of developmental theory & clinical practice in assessments & intervention specific to the age group served (neonates, pediatrics, adolescent, adult, geriatric)
- Spends at least 70% of time in direct service activity.
- Completes & submits statistics in accordance w/ departmental policies & procedures.
- Documents interventions in appropriate formats, legibly & w/in departmental time frames.
- Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature & the level of work being preformed by the individuals assigned to this position & as such are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties & skills required of personnel so classified.
This is a repost of 523464
- Master's degree in social work.
Following language applies to Home Health, Hospice and Palliative positions ONLY:
- One (1) year of post master's experience in Medical Social Work required.
- BLS card required
- Current CA Driver's License, clear driving record for the past two (2) years and proof of automobile insurance as required by law.
- One (1) year of experience in a health care environment, preferred.
- Will be covering Nursing Homes and Hospital Patients.
- Also the point person for our End of Life program in AV
Primary Location: California,Lancaster,Lancaster Medical Offices 43112 N. 15th St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 30
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: NUHW
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Behavioral / Mental Health
Public Department Name: Continuing Care Medical Social Worker
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements