SSD Cred. Site Specialist I Anaheim, CA
The Credentialed Site Specialist I is the first tier in the job ladder that comprises the primary KP HealthConnect experts in each Medical Center Area. The role provides consultation, training, coaching, mentoring and issue resolution to KP HealthConnect users, which are comprised of SCAL physicians, managers, and clinical, technical and clerical staff. KP HealthConnect is KP's comprehensive Electronic Medical Record system, as well as the scheduling, registration and billing system; as such, it is a system of significant strategic importance to KP. The Credentialed Site Specialist I support, facilitates and promotes the implementation, acceptance, integration, and effective use of KP HealthConnect and related new system functionality and workflows.
- Accountable to resolve system issues identified by end users, including escalating issue to higher levels of expertise, when appropriate, and tracking to ensure issue is resolved.
- Participates in implementing and optimizing usage of multiple KP HealthConnect applications and ongoing system or workflow enhancements.
- Consults with application users to enhance application skill and efficiency.
- Communicates application enhancements and new functionality as well as optimizes usage via coaching, providing system demos, developing and delivering presentations and job aides, delivering 1:1 training and/or participating in classroom training.
- Provides command center, on site, and remote end user support during system go lives and annual application upgrades.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with Managers, Physician Leaders and KP Health Connect application users in primary assigned departments.
- With oversight from Sr. Site Specialist, Supervisor or Site Leader, acts as key coordinator/project manager in working with Department Managers, KP-IT and members of the Regional SCAL KP Health Connect application teams in coordinating all activities related to KP HealthConnect application configuration and equipment set up and testing to ensure successful opening of new hospitals, MOBs, modules, departments or units.
- Demonstrates and applies expertise in operational workflows related to KP HealthConnect.
- Has a good understanding of the Clinical Workflows to assist in resolving operational issues.
- Consults with clinical and operational leaders on the impact of department workflow changes on KP HealthConnect and the impact of changes in KP HealthConnect on department workflows.
- Participates in or facilitates workflow meetings in order to ensure workflows are in alignment with application functionality and promotes smooth transition to new processes or applications.
- Assists in the development and implementation of optimization plans which identify key issues with system usage and action plans and tools to improve user's effectiveness with the application which are reasonably complex and require an understanding of how the changes will affect multiple areas/departments.
- Keep up to date with knowledge of multiple KP HealthConnect applications and clinical and operational workflows, including mastering new applications as they are implemented and all facets of the frequent application enhancements.
- Provides application and process knowledge during scheduled and unscheduled KP HealthConnect downtimes to ensure downtime and recovery workflows are followed and the system is working as designed after the outage.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, economics, operations research, public health administration or other related field,OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Vehicle and California Driver's License required.
- Successful completion of one or more KP Credentialing course(s) with a minimum passing score of 85% within 6 months of hire.
- Must demonstrate effective communication, interpersonal, customer service and presentation skills.
- Strong skills required in critical thinking and analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills (e.g. partnering, conflict management, etc.).
- Proficient with PC applications including spreadsheet, word processing, and PowerPoint/presentation software.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in clinical operations, management, project management or systems implementation and/or support with progressively more complex responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Project Management or management experience in health care preferred.
- Previous computer application support, analytical and/or consulting experience preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Understanding of health care business and care delivery processes preferred.
- KP Health Connect or Epic experience and demonstrated skills in consulting, troubleshooting and systems support.
- Frequent travel within Orange County Service Area and some travel in SCAL outside this area.
- Routine schedule is Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs and Fri business hours plus rotating after hours On Call coverage.
- Schedule will flex periodically for go live support or operational needs.
Primary Location: California,Anaheim,Lakeview Medical Offices 411 N. Lakeview Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Consulting Services / Project/Program Management (Non IT)
Public Department Name: Systems Solutions & Deployment
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements