Nutritionist On Call Capitol Hill Medical Center Washington DC, DC
To provide medical nutrition therapy, preventive nutrition counseling, and serve as the expert resource for health care staff for consultation and education. This position consistently supports compliance and Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct by adhering to federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser requirements and Kaiser Permanente's policies and procedures. In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Assesses patient nutrition requirements using appropriate physiological data.
- Develops nutrition care plans for patients based on medical nutrition therapy orders and/or assessment data, and modifies these plans as necessary during treatment.
- Counsels patients/family on nutrition intervention plan.
- Communicates with other members of the health care team to coordinate medical nutrition intervention with other aspects of medical care.
- Plans, organizes, instructs and evaluates nutrition classes.
- Prepares patients for bariatric surgery following established protocols.
- Completes timely, thorough, and professional documentation of all medical nutrition therapy counseling or interventions.
- Participates in evaluating, selecting, developing and updating nutrition education materials/handouts and revision of treatment protocols, according to evidence based medical nutrition therapy research and practice.
- Acts as a professional resource to assess educational needs, plan and teach classes for providers and staff on nutritional treatment options.
- Attends and participates in Nutrition Department meetings.
- Provides nutritionist coverage to the assigned medical centers as needed.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience including individual assessment and group education.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Dietitian (RD) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration, the credentialing agency for the American Dietetic Association (ADA). Must maintain license as required by local jurisdiction, including continuing education necessary for renewal of license.
- License as required by local jurisdiction-(District of Columbia & Maryland-license required, Virginia, no licensure).
- Enrollment in PECOS required.
- Advanced certification desirable.
- Second language desirable.
- Active Nutritionist License/certification Maryland and Washington DC.
- Flexibility and reliable transportation a highly preferred,KP Peritoneal Dialysis Program located in MD and Washington, DC.
- Willwork with highly motivated interdisciplinary team including PD RNs, LSCW, and Nephrologist.
- Additional duties to assist with the CKD, ESRD program, 1:1 diet coaching, and classes highly preferred.
- Must be familiar with CFC dialysis regulation, and documentation, as it pertains to home PD patients.
- Nutritionist with at least 1 year Peritoneal Dialysis experience highly preferred.
Primary Location: District of Columbia,Washington DC,Capitol Hill Medical Center 700 2nd St. NE
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 1
Working Days: Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri, Variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: UFCW - Local 400
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Nutrition / Food Services
Public Department Name: Nephrology
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements