Materials Coordinator Springfield VA Springfield, VA
The Materials Coordinator serves as adjunct to nursing management in the annual planning, daily management and ongoing monitoring of the non-salary expense budget and capital budget for the Medical Center, which includes the coordination and provision for supplies and equipment that enable patient care in the Medical Center. Competency is evidenced by maintaining established supply chain metrics and by communicating key supply chain information such as supply and equipment availability. Communication skills are inherent in all these activities.
- Create and manage pars within the medical center to include pars for Ancillary departments (does not include ASC). May include utilization of handheld device to perform par count.
- Submit and manage eProcurement requests for the facility. Assures compliance with national and regional contracts.
- Perform physical receipt of goods and validate shipping against packing slip. This includes FedEx, UPS, USPS deliveries in addition to capital equipment deliveries. Perform receipt of goods in the eProcurement system within 72 hours of physical delivery.
- Coordinate deliveries and vendor managed pars (e.g. linen) with contracted suppliers.
- Manage outstanding requisition approvals, backorders, and outstanding receipts by executing respective queries in the procurement system on a daily or weekly basis.
- Manage receiving discrepancies and communicate with Materials Management and suppliers, as needed.
Manage RTVs (returns to vendor).
- Enter asset information into asset management system upon receipt of capital equipment, when needed. Communicate asset location with Clinical Technology for timely maintenance and repair.
- Deliver equipment and supplies to the clinical supply closets. Rotate and stock product as needed based on a first in, first out model.
- Organize supply closets in accordance with EH&S policies, remove expired and unused products.
- Review product recall alerts and take required action as described within specified timeframe. Communicate product recalls to effected departments, if any.
- Partner with clinical operations, Materials Management, and suppliers to identify alternate/substitute products, when needed. Communicate product backorders and contract conversions to clinical operations as directed by Materials Management.
- Maintain compliance with designated SOX and uniform accounting policies (e.g., timely and accurate receiving) as specifically communicated by management through training.
- Serve as the Facility Waste Coordinator to include coordinating hazardous waste pickup and ensuring hazardous waste manifests are filed and up-to-date.
- Support the budget planning process by conducting equipment and product research and providing purchase order information to budget owners, upon request.
- Help support the MOB Operations team with the following: 1. The Incident Command system, as essential personnel, for life safety and fire drills, trainings, events (e.g., locate red cones, direct traffic, control crowds, posting and removing signage, etc.), and building evacuations; 2. Conference room set-up; 3. Locating and transporting patient lift equipment.
- Other duties as assigned to support supply chain operations.
- One (1) year experience in supply chain required. Supply chain experience means experience establishing and managing par levels and storage closets (e.g. rotating stock, validating product recalls and expiration dates)
- One (1) year experience with procurement systems, software, and processes required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Computer knowledge/skills required.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with other departments to research and solve complex problems.
- Associate's degree in business or health care related preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical services and supplies and inventory preferred.
Primary Location: Virginia,Springfield,Springfield Medical Center 6501 Loisdale Ct.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Friday
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: OPEIU - Local 2
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Materials Management
Public Department Name: Material Management
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements