Radiology Technologist On Call Tysons Corner Medical Center McLean, VA
Takes x-ray exposures of patients as requested by referring physicians. Explains x-ray procedure to patients, assures safety of patients, reviews films to assure appropriate images, and prepares files and reports.
- Greets patient, confirms image to be taken, and explains x-ray procedure to patient.
- Reviews patient's medical history prior to performing x-ray procedure and confirms that patient has signed a contrast media consent form if needed.
- Takes x-ray exposures of patient following protocol for position of body, intensity of radiation, and time of exposure.
- Processes film and inspects images to determine that images meet the requirements of radiologist.
- Maintains equipment and examination room, stores film, and keeps inventory of related supplies.
- Prepares patient information files showing patient's name, date of x-ray, referring physician, and number of exposures.
- Prepares and submits reports showing the number and type of x-rays.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Completion of formal training in radiologic technology.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed in appropriate jurisdiction required.
- BLS certification from American Heart Association required.
- RT certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology required.
- In order to work effectively with patients, must have effective interpersonal and communication skills and be able to stand, walk, bend, lift at least 50 pounds, hear, speak, and see.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a radiologic technologist preferred.
Primary Location: Virginia,McLean,Tyson's Corner Medical Center 8008 Westpark Dr.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 1
Working Days: Variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: OPEIU - Local 2
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Imaging / Radiology
Public Department Name: Radiology
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements