Senior Clinical Technology Manager Silver Spring MD. Silver Spring, MD
This position administers and oversees the Region-wide clinical technology planning and operations program. This role provides guidance to the decision process for servicing the clinical technology and systems that Kaiser Permanente will use to provide health care for its members and patients. This individual leads a team of Clinical Technology Managers and Staff who support the technology service and support. This position reports to the Regional Clinical Technology Director. This position also has responsibility for participating in and supporting Clinical Tech Committees and Clinical Technology leadership.
- Under the Direction of the Regional Clinical Technology Director, is responsible for the integrated management, oversight, and direction of the Clinical Technology Managers/Staff/Integration Teams. Provides guidance and direction to Clinical Technology and other committee members that he/she does not directly manage, as well as providing team support and technical expertise. Directs the equipment management program (technology lifecycle management) by defining qualitative and quantitative metrics to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of the program.
- When necessary, implements necessary performance improvement plans. Is responsible to identify any issues where coordination and integration of systems is required to ensure the proper functionality of the technology. Assures that all Clinical Technology Plan efforts are managed and tracked by appropriate financial systems and controls.
- Continually evaluates the cost/benefit of service alternatives (e.g., in-sourcing and out-sourcing). When external resources are used, this role is responsible for ensuring that they are used effectively, and meet the cost/quality and compliance standards of the program. Ensures that technology integration plans have sufficient level of detail so technical, financial, environmental, operational, regulatory/legal, and maintenance/support aspects are defined, scoped and understood by the project management teams who will execute against these plans.
- Establishes and maintains a means of identifying, monitoring and resolving issues related to clinical technologies that present a risk to care delivery. Provides routine updates to medical center leadership as well as Director of Clinical Technology. Identifies issues that require executive sponsorship for resolution. For these issues, develops recommendations and/or options for resolution. Also, Clinical System Engineers provides resources for medico-legal investigations involving clinical technology.
- Minimum eight (8) years of total experience in clinical technology.
- Minimum three (3) years of management experience in leading and managing Clinical Technology Groups in a multi-hospital/Large Hospital/multi-state environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a management role in a Clinical Technology environment.
- Bachelor's degree, OR certification in business, biomedical, clinical or electrical engineering, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Extensive knowledge of Biomed operational environment and clinical system inter-connectivity.
- Excellent working knowledge of Federal, State and local laws and regulations. Specific knowledge of OSHPD (in CA) and similar regulatory agencies practices/policies/procedures in other states.
- Knowledge of current and emerging clinical technologies and associated interoperability impacts.
- Must be able to work in very complex organization structures (combination of engineering, operations, IT and medical professionals) with excellent communication skills (including facilitation and presentation skills).
- Excellent knowledge of CAPS/CMS/The Joint Commission/HIPAA.
- Ability to analyze healthcare technology markets and trends, planning technology deployments as well as the retirement of healthcare devices and systems.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum eight (8) years of total experience in clinical technology with regional responsibility preferred.
- Master's degree preferred (MBA, health administration).
- Professional certification as a Certified Clinical Engineer preferred.
Primary Location: Maryland,Silver Spring,Regional Offices-Garrett 11921 Bournefield Wy. St
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: Biomedical Engineering
Public Department Name: MAS Clinical Technology
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements