Member Experience Receptionist Manassas Medical Center Manassas, VA
Ensures interaction with member constitutes a compelling customer experience through welcoming, registering, and assisting members.
- Welcomes and greets members at kiosks and general areas and assists with way-finding.
- Assists members by providing general information, or referring to appropriate staff, as necessary.
- Registers members to include: verifying eligibility; updating demographic information; identifying FYIs and special features; coordinating appropriate assistance, and creating new accounts, as needed.
- Initiates the completion of paperwork relating to member's visit. Processes paperwork as appropriate.
- Receive and return prepared forms to members.
- Receives funds from members, completes receipts, and properly posts transactions.
- Retrieves, reconciles, and deposits change fund.
- Schedules appointments at the request of members and providers in accordance with established protocol.
- Informs members of appointment date(s) and gives appropriate pre-appointment instructions, as necessary.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, if necessary, takes messages or forwards calls, as appropriate.
- Returns appropriate calls to members and staff as directed by provider or nursing staff.
- Request and maintains supplies for the kiosks and reception areas.
- Informs providers or staff of members needing immediate attention. Brings unusual situations to the attention of the appropriate staff.
- Order member cards
- Offer wheelchair assistance under established guidelines.
- Wears professional attire to include a KP-provided jacket.
- Performs other related duties, as appropriate.
- Minimum one (1) year of customer service in an office setting required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED).
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of Health Plan coverage types, for example (but not limited to) traditional and deductible products within 6 months of employment.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software and technology
Required - Standing up to 4 hours per day.
Required - Excellent Customer Service
- One (1) year of reception experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Current BLS certification preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Primary Location: Virginia,Manassas,Manassas Medical Center 10701 Rosemary Dr.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: OPEIU - Local 2
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Administration, Clerical and Support Services
Public Department Name: Regional Medical Facility
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements