Pricing & Underwriting Analyst II United States
Anticipate key business, marketplace and competitor dynamics in developing and implementing strategies to optimize business results which include retention and growth targets while mitigating risk. Primary focus is on establishing the appropriate rate and conditions of offering to achieve revenue, membership and margin goals. Additionally, processes and policies are managed to support optimal customer service while collaborating with Sales/Account Management partners to optimize business opportunities and effective solutions.
- Establish effective business relationships with Sales and Account Management to execute a business plan that optimizes our opportunities across a book of business.
- Produce accurate quotes in compliance with Underwriting and authority guidelines and state and federal laws for existing and prospective business.
- Develop and execute account and/or book of business plans to ensure attainment of goals.
- Lead peer review to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of quote.
- Manage business processes and policies that support for all job levels particularly in areas of rate actions, benefit structure, customer engagements, etc.
- Meets established department turn around goals by balancing deadlines.
- Implement new and existing policies, procedures, and methodology.
- Implement continuous quality improvement programs.
- Strategize with internal customers on implications of decisions on business outcomes.
- Position Underwriting is an integral partner in the creation of effective business solutions.
- Establish relationships with Sales/Account Management to enhance business potential with purchasers, brokers and consultants.
- Develop solutions that increase credibility withcustomers and Sales/Account Management and external customers.
- Acquire and exhibit knowledge of the external business environment to add value.
- One (1) year of experience in rating, underwriting, or performing analysis work.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care administration, mathematics, statistics, OR four (4) years of experience rating, underwriting, marketplace evaluations, and/or financial analysis in a managed care environment.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Experience using effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer and analytic skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, particularly financial and statistical.
- Ability to interpret client-specific data to analyze underlying causes of significant changes in demographics and utilization.
- Proficiency and understanding of trends in the insurance industry and the practices of competitive carriers.
- Ability to adjust conflicting priorities to meet or exceed established department turnaround goals.
- Two (2) years of underwriting experience.
- Previous experience with employee group benefits.
- Proficiency and understanding of underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
Primary Location: United States,United States,Portland
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Insurance / Claims
Public Department Name: National Accounts Underwriting
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements