Pricing & Undewriting Analyst I United States
Anticipate key business, marketplace and competitor dynamics in developing and implementing strategies to optimize business results which include retention and growth targets while mitigating risk. Primary focus is on establishing the appropriate rate and conditions of offering to achieve revenue, membership and margin goals. Additionally, processes and policies are managed to support optimal customer service while collaborating with Sales/Account Management partners to optimize business opportunities and effective solutions.
- Establish effective business relationships with Sales and Account Management to execute a business plan that optimizes our opportunities across a book of business.
- Produce accurate quotes in compliance with Underwriting & authority guidelines and state & federal laws for existing and prospective business.
- Participate in the execution of account and/or book of business plans to ensure attainment of goals.
- Lead limited peer review to ensure accuracy & appropriateness of quote.
- Adhere to business processes and policies that support for all job levels particularly in areas of rate actions, benefit structure, customer engagements, etc.
- Meets established department turn around goals by balancing deadlines.
- Comply with new and existing policies, procedures, and methodologies.
- Comply with continuous quality improvement programs.
- Strategize with internal customers on implications of decisions on business outcomes.
- Assist in positioning Underwriting as an integral partner in the creation of effective business solutions.
- Establish relationships with Sales/Account Management to understand business potential with purchasers, brokers & consultants.
- Develop solutions that establish credibility with Sales/Account Management and external customers.
- Acquire and exhibit knowledge of the external business environment to add value.
- N/A Education
- Bachelor's degree required in business administration, health care administration, mathematics, statistics, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field performing analysis work. License, Certification, Registration
- Experience in functions relating to health insurance or providers, such as marketing, membership services or accounting, reporting or rating, large group health underwriting, actuarial or benefit contract functions.
- Demonstrated computer literacy including Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated written & verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to balance conflicting deadlines and meet established departmental turnaround goals.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to adapt to changing policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to accurately calculate algebraic rating formulae.
- Proven ability to work with incomplete or imperfect information & develop reasonable assumptions.
- One (1) year of experience performing analysis work.
- Previous experience working with employee group benefits.
- Proficiency and understanding of underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
Primary Location: United States,United States,Portland
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Insurance / Claims
Public Department Name: National Accounts Underwriting
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements